Livetronica Studio, the next generation of DJ DAWs.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Livetronica Studio, the next generation of DJ DAWs.

So this DJ DAW called Livetronica Studio by Stage Craft Software.com is software for, "looping, scratching, turntablism, controllerism, VST/AU hosting, and all sorts of live music making. Comes with tight Soundcloud integration, easy midi mapping for complete control, intense turntable visualization, and timecoded vinyl support."

The GUI is butt ugly but the functionality looks beautiful. Of course this isn't the only DAW application to take on the DJ experience but unlike "The One" this application looks to be making progress not lip service.

In other words it is free to download the BETA. If you decide to download the BETA and play with it post your thoughts here. You should also make a video for the software developer. In the video below he pokes fun at his DJing abilities and wants a community of DJs to show him what his software can do. I think this forum can take that challenge.

So here are the key features...
    • independent loop tracks with all the functionality of any hardware looper
    • virtual turntables which can be scratched with mouse, timecoded vinyl or midi devices
    • beat splicing and bpm shifting on loops/turntables or master tempo
    • excellent, versatile midi learn function
    • infinite stacking on any loop
    • volume,pan,mute,solo for each loop independently
    • multiply, overwrite, append, stutter, reverse
    • tempo and pitch shifting
    • auto fade in/out
    • VST/AU hosting for effects and instruments
    • crossfade, grouping, intelligent turntable resyncing

Oh and there is this thing the developer is calling, "Turntable Quantization." With Livetronica you can turn the turntable sensitivity up to well beyond that of a realistic turntable, and even hit freq shifts that are unrealistic or impossible on real turntables. But lets go a step further. Just as guitar has frets for every semitone, you can quantize the virtual turntables in Livetronica to produce pitch shifts the correspond only to semitonic intervals. Or, like some other instruments, you can quantize to only the major or minor intervals, or the blues or jazz scales. There are even options for modal, flamenco and middle eastern scales in Livetronica. Not satisfied with sticking to a scale? You can also set how strictly the turntable adheres to the scale. You can push and pull the notes … sliding like a guitarist bending a note from one pitch to another to strain to hit that perfect blue note between the intervals. It’s all there, Livetronica has the most advanced pitch quantization of any tool in the dj’s arsenal.

Last edited by spencer4hire; 06-19-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Edits.

Wtf is the guy on the last video doing...Even if it's just an example you shouldn't be doing that shitty ''scratching''.

Dude. He is a programmer. Chill out. No one is going to make fun of you for not knowing how to write lines of code. Why bust his balls? He has to scratch to test his software does he not?

In the second video he talks about how he isn't a scratch DJ (http://youtu.be/u4sM3t2Bu48?t=2m38s) and that he needs scratch DJs to send him performance videos. If you're so good please DL the app and show us what can be done with these features.
    Last edited by spencer4hire; 06-19-2012 at 04:58 PM.

I think it's actually pretty accurate. A confused, unfocused mess of scratching, to demonstrate a confused, unfocused mess of software. It's pretty fitting a programmer demoed the features, as it was obviously designed by programmers, for programmers, and not by anyone with any intention of actually using it. It looks like a gigantic pile of features and options slapped together into a mess of code and UI.

To quote Giantbomb: "Guys... I know a couple engineers, and this... It looks like it was built by engineers..."

Quote Originally Posted by spencer4hire View Post
    Dude. He is a programmer. Chill out. No one is going to make fun of you for not knowing how to write lines of code. Why bust his balls? He has to scratch to test his software does he not?

In the second video he talks about how he isn't a scratch DJ (http://youtu.be/u4sM3t2Bu48?t=2m38s) and that he needs scratch DJs to send him performance videos. If you're so good please DL the app and show us what can be done with these features.
    like i said, even if he is just showing us an example it's really noisy..

Quote Originally Posted by spencer4hire View Post

like i said, even if he is just showing us an example it's really noisy..

This is REALLY promising. Stop bashing the dude...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Yeah haters gonna hate, as they say.

These guys are complaining about the scratching demonstration and the GUI being designed by an engineer but they don't offer to help in any way shape or form. That's simply trolling. Just ignore em.

Considering this is just one person developing this software I am impressed. I've offered to help the developer with GUI improvements. I think the ugly interface is what really will turn people off. The way The One does it is far better and I think it would be a good idea to work from that styling guide.

But some people will just hate the idea of a customizable user interface to begin with. They are unable to think of how they would use it and apply that same internalized limitation on everyone else.

Abraham-Lincoln-Haters-Gonna-Hate.jpg
    Last edited by spencer4hire; 06-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Some people just like to be TOLD how to do everything.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

extracted zip to program files then tried to open on two different windows computers, both hung for longer than 5 minutes, then I terminated with task manager. first computer is a Acer 2.4ghz, amd dual core 4gb laptop, this wouldn't allow task manager to shut it down, so waited a further 10 minutes then switched it off, needed to run start up repair and proceed with a system restore to boot back up.

second computer - eeepc 1.66ghz overclocked to 2.11ghz atom single core 2gb, hung for 5 minutes, shut down successfully with task manager..

looks like a great set of features for an all in one performance solution but unstable
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast