Monitor/Preview for remix decks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Monitor/Preview for remix decks.

So I use my F1 and remix decks in deck C with my external mixer (Xone 92). I also have an X1 for controlling decks A & B. How can I cue one of the sample cells if the one of the others is already playing? My Audio 8 is routed like this. Deck A into Channel 1 - Deck B into Channel 2 - Remix Deck C into Channel 3. I am using the Deck D inputs (7/8) on the audio 8 to record my sets.

So if in Deck C I already have some sample playing and I want to preview one of the other cells where can I route the preview? I know there is the monitor option on the F1, but that needs to come out somewhere... so where? I don't mind changing how I have my recording set up if I have to free up that other in/out on the audio 8.

Thanks

Tech Mentor

I haven't got my stuff set up atm so I can't check, but I believe the cue'ing works with the volume of the samples, and not just the volume of the channel.
    So, say, you've got a nice beat going on in the first column of samples, you can turn the sample volume of the second row down to zero, enable the monitor button and cue what synth you're throwing on it. This all happens independently of channel or routing settings.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    I haven't got my stuff set up atm so I can't check, but I believe the cue'ing works with the volume of the samples, and not just the volume of the channel.
    So, say, you've got a nice beat going on in the first column of samples, you can turn the sample volume of the second row down to zero, enable the monitor button and cue what synth you're throwing on it. This all happens independently of channel or routing settings.
    hmmm. I don't understand what you are saying... I think you may not fully understand my question... or maybe I am just not gtting what you are saying.

How can I hear what I am cueing? The volume on channel 3 of my external mixer needs to be up for the sounds of the sample deck C to be coming out of the main system. If I don't have one of the columns in the sample deck playing I want to cue that sample and leave the others playing, I don't want to turn them down I want to just bring in another sample, but I want to cue it first and make sure it sounds right. I would think i need a separate channel for cueing...

Tech Mentor

I'm sorry, I somehow overlooked the fact that what I said only works when mixing internally, and has no use for you.
    No clue how you can get this to work with an external mixer..
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Looks like a preview channel is needed so audio 10 maybe. Traktor also needs to make the preview channel volume control available for external mixing.

Lance do you use the loop recorder? Just curious.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Looks like a preview channel is needed so audio 10 maybe. Traktor also needs to make the preview channel volume control available for external mixing.

Lance do you use the loop recorder? Just curious.
    I do use the loop recorder...

Couldn't I just use Deck D I/O for the preview channel? I realize I would have to not use that deck for recording my set then... but I could use audacity to record the set....

Yes, I had a channel for the preview features in traktor but the sound was way to loud and distorted even though all eq and gain was right down because when in external mixing mode the volume control for the preview player was disabled and on max. Not sure if it has changed in the 2.5 update. Restrained from upgrading due to previous problems with big updates.

So maybe dedicating a deck for it in traktor? Losing one deck though hmmm

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've used Deck D for the preview player in the past so I would think that it would work for cue as well. I can't test it right now and I've only had one cup of coffee, but can't you turn the cue off on all the other cells and just get that cell you want to hear the same way you cue a deck now? As far as recording I would get a digital recorder before I relied on Audacity to record sets.

EDIT: Aggregating an Audio 2 with the Audio 8 is another option.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

So say with a four channel sound card with audio 8 and 4 channel mixer, have decks a/b for ch 1 and 2, the loop recorder out put routed with remix decks onto 3 and ch 4 for preview.?

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    So say with a four channel sound card with audio 8 and 4 channel mixer, have decks a/b for ch 1 and 2, the loop recorder out put routed with remix decks onto 3 and ch 4 for preview.?
    oh wait, I thought you meant Traktor's internal loop recorder...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast