multiple x-session pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default multiple x-session pro

Hey all, I recently purchased 3 x-session pros to run with torq 2.0, with one central one as a mixer of sorts and the other two as fx controls. But when i plugged them all in and launched torq, only one at a time will work. Did I just waste money, or am I just missing something?

I don't know about torque, but if you can change the channel that each controller operates on, it might work. Remember that every knob/button/fader outputs a midi command. All 3 xsessions will output the same cc or note, and because of this, only one will work at a time. If you can set 3 different channels though, you might be able to get them all going.

For the $$ though, why don't you sell 2 and get an x1. More conducive to fX control. Just a suggestion.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

in VDJ you can run multiple duplicate devices in parallel all sending the same midi signals on the same channels, if your not able to modify the midi messages on the x-session that may be the only way to utilize all the controllers at the same time, although you could maybe route the midi messages through some middleware and change them in that before they reach torq.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

[QUOTE=synthet1c;492988]although you could maybe route the midi messages through some middleware and change them QUOTE]

Do you know of any programs to do this, kind of like an asio4all for midi controllers i guess?

I use vdj so don't really use that sort of software, but bome's midi translator get thrown around a lot in these circumstances, there is a thread at the top of the controller forum with all of them listed.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-19-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added link like a ninja

Tech Wizard

I run 2 xsessions in ableton. You can download a special bit of software that allows you to change the midi notes on the xsession pro when you turn the controller on. The software is called enigma http://www.m-audio.com/news/en_us-142.html.

haha synthet1c... every post.
    "VDJ can do that!"

cause it can

I'm a fanboy, but only because I know what's possible... it's a lot, and it'll be a lot more in version 8

Yeah i know, it looks like it. You've single-handedly got me early awaiting 8 and even tailoring my gear-buying for the next few months to allow the possibility of switching.

Haha, well with torq dying out I'll definitely be watching for vdj 8, but for now i'll mess around with that enigma program, thanks timmyboy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast