Using 2 Kontrol X1's to mix 4 decks in Traktor Pro 2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Using 2 Kontrol X1's to mix 4 decks in Traktor Pro 2

Has anybody tried to use 2 kontrol x1's with a four channel mixer to mix 4 decks in Traktor Pro 2? I'm thinking about buying this setup but im not sure how well it would work. If anybody has used this setup please give me some feedback on how you liked.

Thanks!

This is actually the exact setup i'm working on acquiring, if you add a maschine into the mix. I'm going to be doing it with a xone 92, audio 8 soundcard, and two kontrol x1's. I think it'll work brilliantly but you have to make sure all of your beatgrids are super tight because you'll be relying almost entirely on the sync function.

Yes exactly. The one thing I'm mainly worried about is not having any jog wheel to nudge the tracks into tempo. But other than that I think it would be a great setup especially if you add in maschine like you said and add in 2 F1 controllers as well.

I'm going to remap my x1's to be able to have a pitch adjust rotary, which will be a good bandaid if i need to change the tempo quickly. Otherwise, manual beatmatching isn't all that necessary. The biggest problem i foresee is mixing directly from another DJ's set but at most raves I go to and play at there is generally a 1-2 minute pause between each DJ in order for applause/announcement of the next act.

2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

not so much 4 decks but i do go 3 decks in external mode most nights. as i have a TA6 the only way i can use all 4 decks is my combining 2 channels.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I used to run this setup and I think it works really well, even with just the native mapping. I have now incorporated an F1 into my setup and haven't reintroduced one of the x1's back into the "mix" just yet. To my surprise, the F1 was perfectly paired to the X1. Once you get acquainted with the F1 it's very easy to use the midi layer and capture functions. If you're like me where you are only looping a phrase or 2 (of another deck), the remix decks really eliminate the need for the 2nd X1 (and other 3rd/4th deck). The added midi layer of the F1 is pretty handy too- your 16 pads become the 8 hotcues per deck a/b and you could also remap the faders and knobs.

I am really starting to see this setup become more popular and maybe even accepted. Any combination you want to do with NI's controllers will do you well, but to be practical, I think the X1 + F1 and a Midi mappable mixer combo would be a good place to start off or even end up with.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Mentor

This setup is really good but yeah your grids should be really tight

I use this setup, but for 3 decks and samples. I also run turntables with timecode alongside.

The default mapping is fine for it, grids aren't an issue, there is already a pitchbend mapped to the X1 that works a treat.

The best part about this setup though is im not reliant on 1210's. So many times ive gone to gigs to find out theres no turntables or the shit they have there is pretty much unusable. Honestly I don't know how pure vinylists survive with that beat up gear
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

I ran this setup for a couple years. I had 2 Xone 1D's before that...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast