TuneUp Media

Thread: TuneUp Media

Default TuneUp Media

So does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions of this product.

I know what it does but does anyone think its worth it???

http://www.tuneupmedia.com/howitworks/index.php

I'd also be curious about this if anybody had used it or has recommendations for software that works better...

Tech Convert

I used it a few years ago and haven't used it since, but I thought it was quite handy back then.

One thing I would point out is to make sure you check the suggestions that it offers as sometimes the artwork was way off the mark and was suggesting artwork from a completely different artist. This was a few years ago so maybe they have fixed this.

I used it to help clean up dupes and scan some old rips that I didn't have any metadata for. For that it worked okay.

One other thing I really wanted to use it for was getting all the album/cover art. For this it just doesn't work for me and if you look on their support forum there are numerous requests with people having the same problem. Frustrating really because that was 50% of why I bought it.

Anyways, I can recccomend beatunes, not only can it do most everything that tuneup can but it can also give you key/bpm etc. Well worth a look.

I'm still no closer to getting the album art tho... (other than the standard itunes lookup thingy.)

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. For getting rid of duplicates and locating missing iTunes tracks, I use CopyTrans TuneTastic instead. It has less features but is a free tool.

For finding artwork, I use iTunes in-built function though there is much more to expect from it. Tunetastic should feature an artwork finder too but it is still in BETA.
    Last edited by Englewood; 07-03-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Tech Wizard

Anyone who used this experience any issues with cue points or beat grids getting erased? That's my biggest concern.

I tried using last year to tidy up my collection, fill in missing artist info etc and also to get album art. Basically it only worked with metadata about 25% of the time and artwork was a rarity. Ive since removed my music and gone song by song back onto the harddrive painstakingly doing every song myself. TuneUp would be good on mainstream music but electronic stuff it fails miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by 1/0 View Post
    Anyone who used this experience any issues with cue points or beat grids getting erased? That's my biggest concern.
    I didnt have problems with cue points and stuff.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the input! I'll probably keep an eye on it and see if it gets any better.