How do you import tracks from ableton to Tracktor?
    Tech Wizard

Default How do you import tracks from ableton to Tracktor?

I know this is a dumb question, but how the hell you import a track you warped in ableton7 live to tracktor pro?.I got a lot of tracks with either a section thats a slower tempo or they drift.Plus i never been a fan of the way beatgrids are done in tracktor, much prefer abletons warping.I tried multiple grid markers it doesnt work very well.But Tracktors UI is so much better, if they added warping from ableton it would dominate the digi dj world.

All the tracks ive warped in ableton have a file with the warp info in it, its not in the tags like tracktor.And tracktor seems to ignore these files.....puzzled bc i know it can be done lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GUVNA View Post
    I know this is a dumb question, but how the hell you import a track you warped in ableton7 live to tracktor pro?.I got a lot of tracks with either a section thats a slower tempo or they drift.Plus i never been a fan of the way beatgrids are done in tracktor, much prefer abletons warping.I tried multiple grid markers it doesnt work very well.But Tracktors UI is so much better, if they added warping from ableton it would dominate the digi dj world.

All the tracks ive warped in ableton have a file with the warp info in it, its not in the tags like tracktor.And tracktor seems to ignore these files.....puzzled bc i know it can be done lol.
    Well first off beatgrids do not equal warping. Make sure you understand this.

Secondly, it's Traktor. I know...minor technicality.

Finally, you have to render your file in Ableton. Just using the asd isn't going to work. Render it as a wav, convert it to mp3 (if you wish), then load it in your collection in Traktor.

Tech Wizard

Ah yeah shouldve thought of that lol thanks.I hope NI use something similar to abletons warping in future.Beat grids are easier to use for begginers, but they dont suit all tracks by far.I used ableton for a while, im pretty new to tracktor but that was a big disapointment, major flaw in a great program.

Quote Originally Posted by GUVNA View Post
    Ah yeah shouldve thought of that lol thanks.I hope NI use something similar to abletons warping in future.Beat grids are easier to use for begginers, but they dont suit all tracks by far.I used ableton for a while, im pretty new to tracktor but that was a big disapointment, major flaw in a great program.
    Beatgrids are not for beginners. They serve a greater purpose...not only do they keep your tracks in time, but effects and looping are synced to those tempos as well.

Once again, Beatgrids do not equal warping! Those are 2 uniquely separate items!