Custom Controllers - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hey MidiFidler and ToS, both controllers are looking nice!

What kind of budget are you talking about, when building?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

The midi fighter is looking cool,

This gives me the idea of having a version that can sit in front of the VCI, thats the same hight as it and width as the VCI, kinda like an extension of Ean Goldens mod. It puts 2 or 3 more rows buttons and a couple of joysticks between the VCI and the DJ for insane cue juggling and sample dropping routines.

Keep up the good work !

Default Deeeeecent!

When can i buy one? looks like you could use that to do some pretty amazing stuff, especially if you were to integrate 'super' effects

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    When can i buy one? looks like you could use that to do some pretty amazing stuff, especially if you were to integrate 'super' effects
    Your both in New Zealand ! cheap shipping... err postal

hey midifidler, your design looks great! I think the simple ideas you have implemented are a great start. Lets keep this conversation going for sure.

Default custom controllers

First off nice custom arcade/mpd style midi controller. On a side note I'd like to suggest adding a forum section specific to custom controllers it's a good topic of discussion would be great seeing more of these.

Tech Mentor

Hi guys.

This is some great things to see, Open Source Hardware Controllers!!!! YAY.
    Can anyone point me towards a resource in making Midi controllers/instruments???
    Or just any cool sites on this subject you have found.

Thanks in advance.

Can we please have a thread to modding/from scratch all onto its own ? that would be awesome! I think it would help promote this sort of stuff too

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Tekki,
    BOM cost so far is 115 for the electronics(buttons LEDs chips etc) whatever the PCB costs per unit, which is 300 / however many I end up making (up to 10). The enclosure is 25 as I have a mill I can use at work and Im just waiting for a final quote on having the face plates laser cut. Overall it should be under 250 NZD. At this stage the major cost is the professional PCB's required to make this unit reliable as it breaks pretty much every time I open it right now, too many wires as you can see in the pic.
    @Duelist
    Using the slice to midi is awesome but I cant find a way to get it to continue playing through the track from the sample I just triggered, can any one help out here?
    @kaon
    Whats up bro see your a fellow H-town boy roll over and I can give you a demo, send me an email...
    @Ean + BentoSan
    Cheers for the props, def keen for a modding + custom design forum, would be cool to use it to generate ideas for new methods of control & controllers. Many of the users on this forum already have vci's/25sl's etc which can do the majority of tasks at a far lower cost than trying to build something like a vci from scratch because of the time it takes and economy of scale required. But novel methods of control are always fairly simple to implement at a functional level and can lead to totally new techniques not offered by anything on the market, all we need is fresh ideas from people who don't necessarily have the skills to design & implement them, knowledge can be a limiting factor in creativity

Tech Mentor

hey hey my folks are from the Waikato area!
    Ive been to Hamilton a few times, all my relo's live over there!

Im an aussy born and bread thou haha! (born syd, live newcastle)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast