Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Depending on your laptop, I think you should limit on adding your VSTs for Live/DJ use. My setup consist of 4 decks, A/B serving as normal Audio tracks where I play all the songs while I reserve the C and D as my 'live' platform. on the C, I have it run as an acapella/vocal channel with several channels that are grouped into one C channel. Same thing goes to deck D, except deck D is for song parts (drum loops, synth loops, risers/noise,etc.). I have 3 band EQ and LP/HP on each channel and also GuitarRig to run Traktor 12 (Traktor FX as VST) so that I could use Traktor FX in Live, it does take up some CPU though. My CPU stays at an average of 20% on Live's meter. I'll probably replace it with something else like Max4Live FX or some less CPU-consuming VSTs. Also have 3 beat-repeats on all channels, and of course Fade to Grey.
    *Inactive Account*

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hashbrunz View Post
    any fancy ideas anyone has for using instruments or creativelike effects? I wanna add a dub delay and a parallel compression just for kicks, and since I used to use ableton for production it'll be oodles of fun messing with production business live.
    Also final question I have is does anyone categorize tracks with the clip colors? I thought it would be worthing investing some time separating genre/type of track with the track colors so I can see them clearly in a set.
    i made a noce filter sweep using operator, one long midi note, the compressor linked to a 4 kick 1 bar loop and a delay, then i draw the escalating envelope in. i have them in they're own channel and 1 clip for a 4 bar sweep, one clip for a2 bar sweep and sometimes add in a 6 or 8 bar. i like it because i can just launch the clip for whichever length sweep i want and its pefectly in time leading to a drop or breakdown and the delay sounds great fading it out, especially with the compression

Tech Wizard

i also made a cool monster/vowel/growl sounding effect that i slow down and use alot for build or breakdowns, it sounds nice bringing the pitch up before a drop with it. i made it in a similar way as the filter sweet and using envelopes and midi notes for length lets me preset the length i want and keep it all nice and tight. if you just like knob twisting or wanted more freedom with either or any effects set up like that you could leave one macro mapped to a knob(rather thhan draw an envelope) and wrist crank it up! i have instructions for setting them up somewhere if you wanna try either. lmk

Tech Wizard

Been working on my template for a couple months now and I have three track channels with stems setup up of songs and I also have these setup to receive audio from traktor on my first three channels I have basic fx like eq3, beat repeat, filters, and a compressor. then I have two channels that when I get an external mixer will be routed together one channel is maschine while the other is just assorted loops and such then I have four channels of dummie clips for delays, loops, phaser, and such I use traktor for other people music ableton for my own Im working towards a live performance style of playing with people like eskmo and amon tobin being huge influences but I want to keep the dj element in there as I love to mix but live composing is just to cool haha so thats my template for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12