Just messing about with some moombah This is quite literally a quick recording session of my first time ever mixing this stuff, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I've been on kind of a bender enjoying this genre a lot ever since I heard it properly played out by Bro Safari at Starscape this year. When it's well done, it's amazing. It can get repetitive if there isn't good selection however, and I haven't really messed around with it much because I've been waiting for the genre to come into it's own a bit more, and have some bigger producers hitting it. And well, there is a serious movement in that direction with Moombah right now.

I'll say that almost all of these songs are ones I've downloaded from soundcloud, doing the digging thing. Most aren't released on any label, and that's a lot of fun in terms of finding gems. Some really good tracks coming out, and it's interesting that a ton of moombah isn't being signed in particular, or at least a lot of artists are giving out free downloads of some killer tracks. I will say that one of the posts in DJTT (I can't remember the one off the top of my head) did give some really good direction to a couple blogs to check out.

I've probably spent the past week digging for tracks honestly. Prepping for my first "real" gig, which I plan on spinning electro breaks, (which has honestly been most of my time mixing on the tables), and then fulfilling my fancy with actually getting around to having enough moombah to actually put a mix together. When I dig, it's a combination of hunting down tracks, and then listening to them over and over and over for at least a week or two (if not more) on my commute to and from work and shows. So while I haven't "mixed" these tracks before, I have heard them... a bunch I find it's a relaxing and rewarding way to get ready to spin when I can't actually get on the tables I also feel it really helps me work "off the cuff" well, since I don't plan my sets at all really, just go with the flow of whatever I feel would fit best next at that point in time.

And here's the tracklisting

00:00 Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Noxes Remix)
03:08 Dream - Go Hard (Crizzly Remix) (Notixx Bootleg)
04:56 Kastle - I Know (Direct Feed Remix)
07:36 California Love - Rico Tubbs Moombah
09:11 Milo & Otis - Ambush (Original Mix)
11:41 Skinny Boys - Jock Box (WORKAHOLICS THEME SONG) (Notixx Bootleg Remix)
13:42 Street Lurkin - Hold Your Breath (Dirt Monkey 110 Remix)
15:43 The Black Keys - Gold On The Ceiling (Zkosta Remix)
17:35 SPL - Back at it (Bro Safari Remix)
19:09 Lazerdisk Party Sex - Dribble Drabble
20:31 Dat Beat - Synesthesia (Crowd Control Remix)
21:33 Des McMahon - Albino Ass Slap
23:48 D!RTY AUD!O - Gat Man (Original Mix)
25:23 Oasis - Wonderwall (Milo & Otis Remix)
27:22 Dillon Francis - IDGAFOS 2.0
29:17 Gramophonedzie - Why Don't You (Stereothieves Moombahton Bootleg)
30:36 Mighty Dub Katz - Magic Carpet Ride (Stereothieves Moombahton Mix)

And yeah, this is a mix using absolutely no FX. Not even a filter. Sometimes I think it's just nice keeping it simple. (Though I did do a little bit of looping utilizing my dicers to mess about with timing and just for fun :P)