Import Tax to UK from US
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Import Tax to UK from US

Anyone able to give me a rough idea of how much I'm looking at being charged?

Wanting to get a s2/s4 from the DJTT, and not sure if it's worth the getting spanked by HRMC

Ta

Not worth it , mate. You'll have to pay the vat on it, too.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

The import duty varies depending on the product, but once that's been added you would also have to add 20% VAT on to the total (price of the product + shipping cost + shipping insurance (if applicable) + import duty).

I don't know what the import duty is on DJ gear, but on electronic musical instruments it's 3.7% so I'd guess it might be the same with DJ gear.

So, if the total $ price worked out to £300, you would pay £11.10 import duty (assuming the 3.7% rate) and £62.22 in VAT, for total charges of £73.32 which obviously bumps the price up a fair bit!
    Last edited by DJSigma; 06-24-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Cool, thanks for the quick responses guys!

Looks like I'll have to find the best price in the UK then-any reccomendations?!

Patch: I sent someone your way on ALDJ the other day RE: UC-33e

Outside of eBay, the prices seem to be £389/£689 respectively everywhere.

Ok super. Thanks for your help :0 )

There's also the issue of warranty. I don't know if NI's warranty is international or not.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

And Royal Mail / Parcelforce add a handling charge, usually about £12
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by DJWORX View Post
    There's also the issue of warranty. I don't know if NI's warranty is international or not.
    Dunno about the UK, but they wouldn't have a choice in Australia. Shit these days they aren't even held to 12 months. If something breaks out of the standard warranty period due to a fault in the product the consumer is entitled to get a repair or a new product as a reasonable person would expect a $500+ product to last longer then 12 months.... Sorry slightly off topic but I'm curious if any other countries have adopted this level of care, and surely the whole "No international warranty" shit doesn't fly in to many places.

Does the UK have a VAT free threshold? I remember a few years back when I lived in London my parents sent me my iPod that I'd left in Australia by accident, I was then charged VAT on a second hand/used/my own iPod. I tried arguing about it but gave up in the end.

We get $1000AUD before GST kicks in on imports, much fairer system.

Tech Guru

I would check out Thomman for any gear currently mate. With the Euro being so competitive you can get some great bargains. I've been eyeing up the RMX1000 (not told the missus yet).
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast