Hello,

Thanks for a very informative forum. I have been doing some reading around, but need to ask one or two questions.

I am about to buy my first DJ equipment for house parties - something basic. I intend to mostly use my laptop - a MacBook Pro (2.53Ghz Core2 Duo with 8 Gigs of Memory) as the audio source.

Now, I realized I need a mixer and speakers. Given tight budget and the fact that I am just experimenting at this point, I want to go for the Numark Mixtrack Pro (http://www.amazon.com/Numark-MIXTRAC...ref=pd_cp_MI_2) or the basic version - Mixtrack DJ software controller (if I can use the difference to get a better sound card). Do you think it is a better idea to get the Mixtrack Pro? I have tried VirtualDJPro on my computer and liked it, so would love to use it, so I think it would compliment the MixTrack Pro well.

Speakers: I do not have powered speakers. Given that my setup will be experimented at small house parties, I intend to use my surround receiver - an Onkyo 607 with some Yamaha Stereo Speakers and a sub-woofer. Would this setup be ok for small parties?

cheers, Oyiwaa