Mixmeister

Thread: Mixmeister

Tech Convert

Default Mixmeister

Hi Guys, anyone here use mixmeister at all? My missus wants me to put together a few mixes for her of chart/commercial music for the gym and I have neither the time or interest to do it live. Got a copy of mixmesiter and tried to copy her music across from iTunes but out of 1000 songs it only copies across around 20 tracks. Anyone have an ideas as to why this would be? I'm presuming it's a music format issue ie they aren't all mp3's?

Cheers, WB.

Ya. Gots to be mp3
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

i've never used mixmeister...i want to give some software to a friend to use on his not so big and fast computer...

has anyone used it?

Used to use Mixmeister years ago (Pro 5). In fact I still go back to it now for editing some stuff. Takes a while to get used to the linear layout, especially if you've been used to using something like traktor/vdj, but it is good for putting together mixes for use at the gym etc.

I will say that i havent used any version since Pro 5, so i have no idea what the newer versions are like.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Convert

Thanks for the replies! Is there any quick way of changing mpeg & m4a files over to mp3?

iTunes (google it)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I love Mixmeister. It's the easiest way to make mix CD's and/or 4 hour pre-made mixes for a party. Just like Traktor, it screws up the beats about 5% of the time. So you need to learn to fix it by turning off SNAP and manually adjusting the MIX WINDOW. Once you got the FIRST BEAT squared up turn SNAP back on and realign the MIX WINDOW.

You can also just switch OFF BEAT MIX and do easy blends like radio station style.

>