Traktor Pro 2.5 and DDj S1 mapping help????
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Pro 2.5 and DDj S1 mapping help????

Hello all, i am new to the forums and im not sure if this sections is for requests too. I was wondering if there are any mappings for ddj s1 to traktor. I was trying to figure it out, but the interface is harder to map, than SSL programs. If anybody could provide some help, i saw a mapping online. However, it barely had anything mapped, for 2.5. Thank you

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi and wellcome to forum Greek, you come to the right place.

If you could create diagram with all MIDI assignments for your controller I'll would be glad to help you create mapping for this unit. If you don't know what I'm talking about here is a pic that my friend created when I was helping to him with mapping for ctrl-7.

midimapfinal.jpg

It's example of what you should do with your DDJ S1. I'm asking for this because I'm not owner of S1, but I can map it how ever you like it and upload it here in steps so you can test it for me.

Tech Student

thanks that would be great, but i have no idea what is the CC# for each. I am tech sawy, but i need help making the jog wheels light up and etc. I will try to create one, once i find the mappings thanks

It's no problem really, I like to help to digital DJ's with mappings when it is in my power.

You can find out about all MIDI assignments by click on "learn' button in controller manager, then just use any button/knob and every control should be displayed on screen. I've found out that jogwheel LED's are controlled by firmware so it shouldn't need any additional commands to map it, though.

If you are about to create a diagram for me please use some good resolution pic.

Hello Stewe,

I'm also new to this forum and I read that you could help us out with the DDJ-S1 to Traktor mappings. That would really be awesome!

I did some searching on the internet and found this:

http://pioneerdj.com/support/files/i...Messages_2.pdf

Is this helpfull?

Many, many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by De Peluche; 08-15-2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Wrong spelled name

Thanks for reply. From that pfd it seem like s1 send name of control like midi note. Do you know to create any mapping at all? I need you to start new mapping and export it with all settings so I could load it in my traktor and see what's going on.

Hi Stewe,

I've tried a little mapping on my own but after 5 minutes i was lost...

I found one though on the internet, maybe it's a good start.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well for start we know that it's based on midi notes and CC after all so that pdf doesn't help pretty much. I need good diagram I guess.

Tech Convert

First off I will Say a big sarcastic thankyou to DJ Techtools for signing me out while I was originally writing this reply and then when I hit send it lost everything……

Hey All, so glad that there are others out there with this issue. I'm an owner of a DDJ-s1 myself and it seems as if Pioneer has gone out of their way to midi mapping the controller a real pain in the ass. The DDJ-T1 mapping doesnt even trigger off buttons. After searching the web.. pioneer forums it seems they havent evenn left a midi note and cc diagram for proper mapping. only the midi list that De Peluche found.

..However this is where the new versions of traktor come in handy. Since in Traktor 2.5 you can set lets say in THIS EXAMPLE I will use "Play Deck A"
    So I go to Controller Manager-> Go to the list-> Deck common -> Play/Pause -> Assign it to DECK A -> Press learn -> Press play -> Press learn again and it should work and then you will get your note showing up.

So this is exactly what I’ve done. Infact I’ve made a incomplete Traktor mapping for the DDJ S1 Which will be attatched…

WHAT IS MAPPED:
    -Cue and Playpause with lights
    -VERY basic in/out loop and loop activate button with half working lights
    -Loop selector knob with clickdown for auto loop, (Has issues see below)
    -tempo adjust
    -master tempo button with lights
    -Vinyl mode on with lights (DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY- SEE BELOW)
    -Cross fader and volume faders
    -EQ: Hi,mids,lows for deck A and B
    -Load song to DECK A and B Buttons
    -Headphone Cue button for both deck with lights with lights
    -FX on/off +button light +Dry wet knob+ Effect selector+ Paramater For Deck A+B (HAS SOME ISSUES SEE BELOW)
    -strip search (HAS ISSUES SEE BELOW)

ISSUES WITH MY MAPPING:
    -Autoloop knob: Having troubles with the knob to work correctly, constantly jumps major numbers, where as normally it would jump one at a time Example: instead of going normally of a 1loop beat to a 2beat etc. it can jump from a 1beat to a 16 bt or a ¼ beat. Still trying to figure it out.
    -THE FX units: Has the same issue as the autoloop knob as they are the both the same type of knob: The wet dry knob works fine its just the selector and parameter knobs. The LED’s on the on/off button also has issues turning on and off sometimes

MASTER TEMPO buttons: Has LED Issues aswell on DECK A. THE LED ITSELF will turn off when deck B Master tempo is turned on. Only the led not the actual master tempo

-Vinyl On Button: Does not work correctly Acts as when the button is toggled the deck is being held down like you would with a piece of vinyl and not moving back or forth, perhaps a mapping mistake by me

-Strip search: Always jumps back to the start of the track no matter what.

Now the main issue….

THE JOG WHEELS:

They never seem to map in traktor properly. Maybe its something I just don’t know and it could be because of my wrong mapping to the vinyl/ scratch on/off button. But it just does not sound normal. And only works when the deck is off and when its used whilst the deck is playing it makes really bad pitch change noises.

A fellow co-dj has also been having this issue mapping his Numark NS6 to Traktor.

So I’m wondering Stewe if you Have Experience in mapping Jog wheels since this would be a huge help.

ALSO STEWE: Do you absolutely need a diagram of the notes on the DDJ-S1 to do a mapping? If so I may be of help.. Let me know.

DISCLAIMER ABOUT THE DDJ S1

The DDJ S1 has onboard/internal sound. As in it is only playing through what is receiving. The master does not send a midi signal so it cannot be changed. HOWEVER if you leave the master at 12 oclock within Traktor you can still get a very loud and crisp sound.. enough so to play through a professional DJ Setup (Two tops and a subwoofer)

The Same goes for the volume knob for the headphone monitor on the DDJ S1. However the headphone cue buttons are midi and the controller was made to know where to separate the both so it acts like a normal dj console. And you can still get a VERY loud sound through your headphones at full blast on the ddj s1 (it can still increase on what it has I believe) but the volume can be increased more so within traktor by mouse click.

I Believe This also applies to the mic inputs since it does not send midi signals for the mic EQ and volume but I believe you can still route the sound into traktor.

The shift button also does not send a midi signal on the ddj s1 oddly enough so the shift may have to be reversed with reverse or sync button (should be avoiding the dreaded sync button anyways lol)

So.. on That note Again if a Diagram is needed I may be willing to make one if it is absolutely necessary and we can FINALLY Get a ddj-s1 mapping on the internet for everyone who has been dying to do this

Thanks!
    -DJ GMac

DJ GMAC DDJ S1.tsi

Hello DJ GMac and thanks for taking time give good input on this. Including your first post which have expired

Yep, I need to have full diagram pretty much but isn't like S1 could come more handy lol.

Joke on side I've took your tsi and mapped in jogwheels to control pitchband from side and scratching on top. Problem was tupe of controller part - it was set to fader. I can map jog it to correspond on scratch button also but first I wanted to see will it work like this.

edit*

Also edited loop size and list up/down. This might need some tweaks tho. I see you are into mappings so guess it shouldn't be hard for you to set right sensitivity to rotary encoders? Touch strip is something new to me... I saw that you tried to set it as "fader-direct" and it didn't worked. I would set just like that myself. I'll look for solution to it

Pioneer ddj-S1_Traktor beta.tsi
    Last edited by Stewe; 08-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast