Using one speaker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Using one speaker

The Behringer b215d speaker has only one 1/4" input so does that mean I would be required to purchase two speakers?

Seeing as the 1/4" outputs are balanced, I assumed each side output stereo sound.

I have not dj'd at all before and have yet to purchase the s2 but I would like to get my facts straight before doing anything.

Hopefully I will get some helpful responses!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

A single speaker can only output a mono signal, you need a second one to complete the stereo pair. Balanced signals are used normally with speakers because they keep the noise/interference lower when running longer distances.

Tech Convert

Is a wire like this: http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-C.../dp/B0007QKR1Y a bad idea? and thanks for the quick reply!

The S2 balanced outs don't send a stereo signal, they output a balanced mono signal per out. Getting that cable won't do a thing. You need a second speaker mate, there are no workarounds.

Tech Convert

Oh well, thank you for your help. Much appreciated

Np mate

Pretty sure Traktor gives you the option to output in mono; look in preferences probably under output setup.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Pretty sure Traktor gives you the option to output in mono; look in preferences probably under output setup.
    This sounds really promising. I'll mess around with the settings once I purchase a Traktor Kontrol S2

Tech Guru

You can change the output routing in Traktor to sum the signal into Mono, meaning that if you plug one wire into your speaker you will hear the sum of both channels. Dirty little secret a lot of newer DJ's don't know is that quite a few clubs and bars are only wired for Mono anyways

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    You can change the output routing in Traktor to sum the signal into Mono, meaning that if you plug one wire into your speaker you will hear the sum of both channels. Dirty little secret a lot of newer DJ's don't know is that quite a few clubs and bars are only wired for Mono anyways
    Wow... that actually makes me feel really good considering I'm a college student with not much to spend. Thank you for the reply manchild!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast