Attend a VibrA DJ school?
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Default Attend a VibrA DJ school?

I just noticed there is a VibrA DJ school 2km away from my new home (and even the only DJ flea market in Germany woohoo~).

Since I used CD-Players and MIDI-Controllers since day 1 of my "career" I never really got into using turntables and learning all the techniques.

The price is 70€ a month for 4 lessons a month (each 45 minutes).

There are different courses from beginners to professional Djing. Each course has 3-4 participants.

Does anyone have experience with such schools?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

can't help you with your question, but i'm really curious to know where the dj fleamarket is in germany!

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

It's in Münster hosted by Elevator, which also has a shop there.
    I will attend it for the first time next weekend.

If anyone of you needs something I could look out (and maybe even buy it) for you.

Or we coold meet there
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Mentor

you should check it out. it is always a good idea to catch a course or 2 and develop some good habits. especially since it looks fairly inexpensive. do some google searches and see what people are saying about that school.

I'm actually attending one of these here in the south, I just felt that all-digital is nice but I wanted to be able to handle TTs/CDJs *properly* as well, and get some of the music theory (music structure, song keys etc) and connections to the other DJs in town. For that it works fine, it is VERY in-depth (which I love) however I've heard that the quality can depend on the place/city. I'd just call them up and ask them for a test-hour, then bring your questions and expectations to the table.... and have some fun
    A word of warning though: it's addictive. I eventually bought two TT and now play either VCI-only or TT-VCI-mixed and it's a lot of fun