Really Digging Madeon

Default Really Digging Madeon

Hey guys

Recently, ive started to get a little bored with my traktor set-up, although im not planning on scrapping it al together, i wanna move into something more intuitive.
    Madeon is the first guy that springs to mind as some one that inspires. So i think im planning on picking up a launchpad and giving Ableton a go.
    Any recommendations on similar artists or just anything i should look into approaching this style of performance?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    Hey guys

Recently, ive started to get a little bored with my traktor set-up, although im not planning on scrapping it al together, i wanna move into something more intuitive.
    Madeon is the first guy that springs to mind as some one that inspires. So i think im planning on picking up a launchpad and giving Ableton a go.
    Any recommendations on similar artists or just anything i should look into approaching this style of performance?
    Thanks!
    I actually started learning how to DJ with Ableton Live 8 Suite and quickly picked up the Launchpad. To be honest, you need to really learn the software and learn the time-stretch (warp) functions of Ableton before considering adding a controller like the APC or Launchpad.

I'm still learning how to sidechain so I get the sounds I'm looking for. From a production perspective, I really like Ableton and it's the one DAW you really don't need a ton of VSTs to get the sound you want.

You should also take a look at Traktor 2.5 and F1 integration. Pretty much makes it possible to do similar clip-DJ mixing as Ableton Live.