Disco Mode

Thread: Disco Mode

Tech Student

Default Disco Mode

how in the world do you activate it?? im in the mood to burn the life out of my LED's!
    cheers in advance for any info!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Divide View Post
    how in the world do you activate it?? im in the mood to burn the life out of my LED's!
    cheers in advance for any info!
    Hi,

it is a little bit tricky...there is a video somewhere in the forum. First you have to be sure that the four blue led's of youre left and right Play/Slice/Cue/Echo-Buttons are ok. Then press the left slice and echo button and switch on the vci. Now you will see first some blinking. After stopping you have to switch on all buttons to blue now. It takes a little bit time, but after success the disco mode starts...when you're using firmware 1.4.

Good luck

Balou
    MacBook Pro i9 / Air M1, RME Fireface UCX II, Traktor Pro 3, VCI-100 Blk, NI S2 Mk2

Tech Student

im all up to date with 1.4 firmware, the problem is its an arcade mod =/ i was hoping that there is a specific button combo that would mean even without the led's i could cheat. thanks for the help though, the video posted that you mentioned has no audio on youtube and i thought it was just me but pretty much all the comments on it now say that the audio is missing. If only the goddam disco mode easter egg had a place on this site.

Tech Convert

Hi Rough Divide,

i don't believe that it is possible to activate the disco mode without having the led's working, because it is a kind of a game to activate the disco mode and the green/blue led's play an important part of this game. The only chance for you may be to open up your controller and rewire the led's on the boards. Then you may try it again.

Cheers

Balou
    MacBook Pro i9 / Air M1, RME Fireface UCX II, Traktor Pro 3, VCI-100 Blk, NI S2 Mk2

Tech Student

yeah i think youre right, im going to have to bite the bullet and do some re-wiring, thanks again =]

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yep you have to have the LED's since it's a random process.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x