Tech Mentor

Default Ways to spice up the look of a controller

I think it'd be cool to add some LEDs

Cool story bro. I like LEDs too
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Well, i have been using Molotow paint markers!...if you dont know what these are then check it out at http://www.molotow.com/products/marker-ink/ . They have also a variety of colors that are fluorescent, so those make a pretty nice effect in any situation where you have some UV-lights, i have one over my bedroom and itīs always on when im trying to understand whattt da fjuck is happening in my Mixxx ,,,The paint markers are also washable, so no, not to think i would suggest anybody to actually wash their set BUT, you can have a tovel a just some moisture in it and you can get rid of the paint that way.

:`)
    ...ATOMIABSORPTIOSPEKTROFOTOMETRI...
    http://soundcloud.com/sethlex

Quote Originally Posted by SethLex View Post
    Well, i have been using Molotow paint markers!...if you dont know what these are then check it out at http://www.molotow.com/products/marker-ink/ . They have also a variety of colors that are fluorescent, so those make a pretty nice effect in any situation where you have some UV-lights, i have one over my bedroom and itīs always on when im trying to understand whattt da fjuck is happening in my Mixxx ,,,The paint markers are also washable, so no, not to think i would suggest anybody to actually wash their set BUT, you can have a tovel a just some moisture in it and you can get rid of the paint that way.

:`)
    This sounds interesting, any pics?
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Definetly! pics are the best, the only thing is i lended my camera for a friend to take with on a gig, so when i get it back there will be plenty of pics, could also shoot a little video just to show how the markers work in a real situation, and some evidence that its easy to mop it out of the devides without fjucking it all up. So keep a eye on this thread, will be posting in the near future!
    ...ATOMIABSORPTIOSPEKTROFOTOMETRI...
    http://soundcloud.com/sethlex

Here is a little update i made to my nanoKontrol2, using a red paint pen. The knobs and faders show up as a fluorescent/burnt orange under a black light. I'm not a big fan of white. In fact all my gear is black, except for this thing. I was in need of a controller to use along with my launchpad so it didn't have to page back and fourth. When i purchased this there weren't any black ones in stock and i was in a hurry. I'm actually just waiting for it to break so i can take it back to Guitar Center and use my extended warranty to swap out for a black one. I just figured for the time being I'd spice it up a little bit. I've grown quite fond of this controller since. I started using mapease in conjunction with the nano and launchpad DSC01007.jpg
    My Mule = Sony Vaio 2.80/3.50GHz)i7 W/solidstate Drive + 8 Gigs Ram. Win7. The Studio = Custome built tower + Samsung 32" LED walmout monitor Ableton8 Suite+Max,Isotonik,OCTPAD NativeKontrol Apc-CL1, APC-40,Launchpad,Maschine,NanoKontrol2,MPK49,LPD8,MPK Mini,,Reason4,Vestax Pmc25 2CDJ 1000mk2