Cheap CDJ Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cheap CDJ Question

Ok, my time has come just like many before me. I've been DJ'ing for alittle over a year and a half now, and have been using my S4 for about 8 months now and feel like I should get used to CDJ's. I know I know there are a billion threads about this but search didn't answer my questions so here I am. I want some CDJ's that wont break my bank account but will get me used to the feel of a club setup. I was looking at something like the Gemini CDJ-600 or around those lines to start out with but like I said I just want something that incase the situation comes up where I have to use CDJ's instead of my S4 I wont be fucked. So any suggestions on cheap CDJ's?
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

I think the CDJ 2000's and Pioneer Rekordbox software are the new industry standard. You should learn how to setup your tunes on a USB stick using Rekordbox and learn the CDJ 2000.

>

yeahhh but im not gonna spend that much money on a setup that will stay at my house 99% of the time. I just need something to get the feel of CDJ's and a mixer without a laptop

I didn't mean spend $4000. Rekordbox (FREE) and a USB stick ($20) is the future at festivals and elite clubs etc. I doubt most those dudes have two CDJ2000's at home, but somehow they know how to use them. Download the software (FREE), load the USB stick ($20), hit a music store that sells CDJ2000's and test drive.

good idea, I just don't have any music stores in my city that has DJ equipment (stupid af if you ask me) but I'll look into the cheapest pioneer CDJ that supports rekordbox

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    good idea, I just don't have any music stores in my city that has DJ equipment (stupid af if you ask me) but I'll look into the cheapest pioneer CDJ that supports rekordbox
    CDJ 400's are probably your best bet then; used would probably be good for your situation.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

Honestly, if you're looking into buying equipment to get the "feel" for CDJs, you're wasting your money. Go on Pioneer's website and stare at a picture of a CDJ-2000/850 for a few minutes. Congrats, you're fully primed, and I saved you a grand or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster View Post
    CDJ 400's are probably your best bet then; used would probably be good for your situation.
    +1

I've seen them new for about $400.

Get ones and learn the hard way what you miss when using CDJs... Sometimes I feel the whole DJ trade is 90% perception and 10% perspiration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast