Traktor: adding a hot cue to an already hot cued loops ? Anyone get what I mean? lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor: adding a hot cue to an already hot cued loops ? Anyone get what I mean? lol

Hopefully got someones attention with the title lol.

I have a 4 bar loop saved as a hot cue and I wanted to set a hot cue "cue" within that 4 bar loop but the cue point would revert to the start of the loop. Is there anyway I can set this.

I basically want the loop playing (and to have it saved as a hot cue for future use) then to bring in the hot cue "cue"

Hope I dont sound too confusing?

Da3dalus

Tech Mentor

You want to cue back to the start of your loop? Hitting that "loop" hotcue will do that..

Tech Mentor

oh no like sorry Im probably not explaining it right.

I have a loop saved as a hot cue, so thats playing, but then I wanted to trigger a cue within that loop (also wanted that cue to be saved in the hot cues)

Traktor wont let me set that cue inside the loop, just sets the cue at the start of the loop and not where I want inside that loop.

Is there a way around this ?

Tech Mentor

If you're doing a mapping, quickly, without testing a mapping (just manually doing it)..

1. Deactivate loop
    2. Set hotcue
    3. Reactivate loop (probably use the invert option)

I'll have to give that a try in my mapping, because it is kind of unexpected..

Tech Mentor

do you mean invert in control manager when mapping ?

Ive got it to work but in a way that you have to set the cue first in a hot cue, then I can set the loop in another hotcue. But I have to extend the loop from the cue point I hit so achieve what I want.

It would be great if you could have your loop going, then hit that cue and it turns off the loop, so that the cue point doesnt get stuck in the loop?

Tech Wizard

If I understand this correctly....why not just take off the Snap functtion so you can place the cue point anywhere within that loop so it doesnt always snap to the start of the loop ......or frist deactiviate the the loop first then take off snap....then place the second hot cue...not at home to test it out but

Tech Mentor

How do I go about removing the snap function? this sounds like it could work

Tech Mentor

I tested that and it still put the cue point at the loop in cue..

The invert option is in the mapping yes.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Da3dalus View Post
    How do I go about removing the snap function? this sounds like it could work

I just did this and it worked if its what your talking about.

1. Pick the loop point you want then make sure its in active
    2. Take off snap (the letter S)
    3. Move the jog wheel to the middle of the loop
    4. Add you second cue point and it should go to where you want if not make sure that you press "cue" on your controller so it aligns with the visual marker on the track deck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast