Audio Setup Issue with Traktor S4 , speakers and amp. Need Help !!
    Tech Convert

Default Audio Setup Issue with Traktor S4 , speakers and amp. Need Help !!

So Im using the Kontrol S4 , my laptop and a big speaker ( I think its a professional speaker) and an Amp. Now, I have the speaker connected to the amp via speaker wire and then the amp has an aux cable that is connected to the back of the Kontrol S4 ( Main Outputs) via a RCA to 3.5mm converter jack.

Whenever I play a track I can only hear the bass of the song , hence only the amp working on not the actual speaker ( in my opinion). Ive double checked the connections between the speaker and the amp and everything looks fine. But i may be wrong with my audio setup and output routing in the Traktor Pro 2 preferences. Could anyone please tell me the exact settings/wire setup that I have to use so that I can hear the whole track properly and not just the bass ??? I have a house party gig tonight and I need to find a solution to this problem.

If anyone can give me some advice or provide a solution to this problem that will be greatly appreciated !!. Thank you once again to those who can shed some light on this issue.

Tech Convert

Can you post pictures of your setup and the connections please

Tech Convert

I dont have the speakers and amp with me right now because my friend is using them but pretty much there's an aux wire from the amp that i connected to the RCA output 1 on the back of the S4 and the speaker is connected to the amp through speaker wire. Hopefully that can help. Sorry for not having photos

Tech Convert

are you using mono or stereo signal?
    ps: have u tried changing the cables?

Tech Convert

I think stereo. Would it matter if i switched it to Mono ? and the cables work fine. I just bought them the other day

Tech Convert

No it would not matter but since you said you connected it to output 1 I thought it could of been mono.
    are there any EQ's on your amp? try those they might be the solution.
    Is there only 1 connection on your speaker or multiple ones?

Quote Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
    So Im using the Kontrol S4 , my laptop and a big speaker ( I think its a professional speaker) and an Amp. Now, I have the speaker connected to the amp via speaker wire and then the amp has an aux cable that is connected to the back of the Kontrol S4 ( Main Outputs) via a RCA to 3.5mm converter jack.

Whenever I play a track I can only hear the bass of the song , hence only the amp working on not the actual speaker ( in my opinion). Ive double checked the connections between the speaker and the amp and everything looks fine. But i may be wrong with my audio setup and output routing in the Traktor Pro 2 preferences. Could anyone please tell me the exact settings/wire setup that I have to use so that I can hear the whole track properly and not just the bass ??? I have a house party gig tonight and I need to find a solution to this problem.

If anyone can give me some advice or provide a solution to this problem that will be greatly appreciated !!. Thank you once again to those who can shed some light on this issue.
    Best way for you to troubleshoot is to get another speaker. Or at least plug your headphone into the amp.

Follow the signal path! That's what they taught me in school

Look at the leves on your S4, do you see them moving? Can you hear sound coming out of the heaphone output?

Move to your computer, go into your control panel (on windows), and go into your "sound" options. Do you see the S4 soundcard as your default with the levels going up and down? Now you know it's not your S4 of your laptop.

If your amp has meters, look at those, and if you hear sound coming out of the amps headphone output, then maybe it is the speaker.

But if you follow that sort of process you should be able to figure it out.