wav versus mp3

Thread: wav versus mp3

Tech Wizard

Default wav versus mp3

Hey!

Took a look at the search function, but did not find anything fitting, so I start a new thread here.

I just wonder if you guys rely on mp3 or use wav file for DJing. Do you really see any distinguishable difference betwen 320kb mp3s and a wav file?

I also wonder what the pros do. Or does nobody really care about it!?

You didn't find a thread or hundreds of thread about this topic?

Tech Wizard

Hehe, I did not find a single one.. tried wav and got no matches.. maybe im using the function wrong!? Searched in all open forums..

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    You didn't find a thread or hundreds of thread about this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukyu View Post
    Hehe, I did not find a single one.. tried wav and got no matches.. maybe im using the function wrong!? Searched in all open forums..
    Not your fault- 3 character searches will get excluded- so searching for "wav vs mp3" turns up absolutely nothing in search results here

this is what you are looking for: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=51002

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

lol

plain and simple. play 320 mp3s and you're fine. all the top djs in the world do it. if it's good enough for them. it's good enough for you. some people will say, "oh well if you play on a very good sound system you'll here the difference." NO! i've played on funktion 1 systems as well as some of the other top systems in the world and EVERYONE plays 320 mp3s on them. all promo material that i've ever received are 320 mp3s. the fact is, 99% of the professional djs out there play 320.

Tech Wizard

Thank you guys!

I'm just going to leave this here:

Some commentary:

A lot of the time, I think Tony Andrews is full of shit. But he's definitely right about some things and obviously passionate about sound and music. I honestly think his downfall (more precisely, the reason I haven't respected him very much up until now) is that he's just a horrible, horrible speaker. He confuses words and isn't very well composed. But there's some truth in there.

In the thread xone linked, a few pages in I posted a 45-minute mp3 vs wav ABX test. Only a few people replied, but if you want to PM me answers, I'll give you your results.

The song clips are kind of boring (all intros) and certainly don't show the effects on different styles. It's not perfect. But it's better than a lot of them that I've seen.

I'll go ahead and say that my results show that I can detect the difference fairly readily but that I was in a very small minority. If you want a simple life, don't teach yourself what good sound is…it gets expensive.

I, for one, will never play an mp3 again.

Ive only used .wav it is high quality and i prefer it.

I don't know the difference to be honest lol