Who misses the possibility to use one effect over different channels on there DB4 ?

Default Who misses the possibility to use one effect over different channels on there DB4 ?

I think the title says it all. Just out of curiousity. I have no experience with effects at all and was thinking about emulating the DB4 in ableton as an external mixer for traktor, but then the above question came to my mind.

Emulating a db4 in ableton, how does that work?

Maybe emulating isn't the right choice of words. What I mean is : I'm going to route each traktor deck into it's own channel in ableton. And then, like the DB4, every channel would have it's own effects units.

But then I started thinking : what if I wanna use the same effect on two channels at the same time ? Or is that something that no one really does and effects are best aplied only at one channel at once. I guess most of the time this is the case right ? But wouldn't be a reverb across to channels be nice and then cut one of the decks of to make a nice transition.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMadeAddict View Post
    Maybe emulating isn't the right choice of words. What I mean is : I'm going to route each traktor deck into it's own channel in ableton. And then, like the DB4, every channel would have it's own effects units.

But then I started thinking : what if I wanna use the same effect on two channels at the same time ? Or is that something that no one really does and effects are best aplied only at one channel at once. I guess most of the time this is the case right ? But wouldn't be a reverb across to channels be nice and then cut one of the decks of to make a nice transition.
    if you want to apply FX to multiple channels then group them and put fx on the group or throw FX on a return channel and use sends

I know how you can do it. But my question is : would you do it ? Cause than I will need more buttons or knobs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMadeAddict View Post

Maybe I'm missing something but I have Traktor, I use 2 FX banks, if I want the same FX on Deck A and Deck B at the same time I turn on FX1 on both decks....I use reverbs and cut the low and echo out to transition all the time...am I missing something???