Organizing Music Out Of Itunes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Organizing Music Out Of Itunes

Im basically done with Itunes I think the cons weigh out the pros.. what are some ways everyone else organizes their music not using itunes....by the way im on a mac and use traktor if that helps

thanks
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

trainspotter v2

/thread

I really should put together a little guide on using it- it's not the most straightforward software to pick up and use and you have to figure out how it thinks and what it likes and doesn't like to use it efficiently but once you do it is indispensable.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    trainspotter v2

/thread

I really should put together a little guide on using it- it's not the most straightforward software to pick up and use and you have to figure out how it thinks and what it likes and doesn't like to use it efficiently but once you do it is indispensable.
    yea I've tried using it but I got frustrated quick and just needed some results if you could put together a guide or a little video I would greatly appreciate it..In the meantime let me try and give it another go
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

I've been trying to get my head around Trainspotter for a bit, always hear amazing things about it. Would be awesome if you did your guide on it!
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Tech Mentor

i just use itunes and smart playlists..

i run all my tunes through mixed in key and set it to rename the files with the camelot key after. Then in itunes have playlists search my imports for each key. I also have smart playlist looking for tunes imported by each month so i can find new tunes by date.

i have found this works well
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

I could not live without iTunes, iTunes Match and Traktor doing all the BPM analysis. Have a smart playlist in iTunes that lists all tracks with no BPM id3 tag, open this as playlist in Traktor, run analysis, job done.

Tech Wizard

+1 for Tspotter. I cant for the life of me, figure out why so many people use itunes. Its possibly the most retarded music organiser I have ever used
    If you disagree , please demonstrate a worse one

Quote Originally Posted by djrosco View Post
    +1 for Tspotter. I cant for the life of me, figure out why so many people use itunes. Its possibly the most retarded music organiser I have ever used
    If you disagree , please demonstrate a worse one
    I think the burden is on you to show why iTunes is so retarded. Like for example, where are smart albums in Traktor? I could do a smart album with all 100 latest house tracks I've included to the collection, or 500 acid tracks from 1997-2001 and similar interesting specific smart albums.

TSpotter, sure if I like writing code -- I'm a programmer so it helps but for mere mortals understanding for loops and XQuery... Oh, you need to install Java runtime for MacOSX with its ugly security issues that Oracle is late fixing. OK, this is retarded indeed :-).
    Last edited by ksandvik; 06-30-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I could not live without iTunes, iTunes Match and Traktor doing all the BPM analysis. Have a smart playlist in iTunes that lists all tracks with no BPM id3 tag, open this as playlist in Traktor, run analysis, job done.

trainspotter does smart playlists, but better and right inside your traktor library

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    trainspotter does smart playlists, but better and right inside your traktor library
    I think we need a little guide or a video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast