S4 and Maschines?

Default S4 and Maschines?

Is it possible to run the S4 and Maschines off the same computer VIA usb through the computer. I just want to use the Maschine for the sample decks and cue points. I already have the great mapping by BeaBryte. Just wondering if this is possible before I ship out my maschines to California where I am currently working. Thanks.

Are you using the AC power from the S4, or are you trying to run both devices strictly off USB power? With the S4 plugged in, you are definitely good to go, as I do this all the time. Not sure if your computer can power both, though, without the S4 power adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Are you using the AC power from the S4, or are you trying to run both devices strictly off USB power? With the S4 plugged in, you are definitely good to go, as I do this all the time. Not sure if your computer can power both, though, without the S4 power adapter.
    I sure am running the ac adapter. Awesome ill give it a test run soon. Seems real fun using it as a midi fighter with the mapping off this site. Thanks

Tech Guru

Yes, you can run both off the same laptop. A decent computer should be able to provide the standard 2.5W of power to each USB port; plugging something into one port should have no effect on another port.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB