Traktor + Maschine routing disaster
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor + Maschine routing disaster

So I am sitting here reinstalling my osX, hoping my audio card on the mac is not damaged.

Why?

Jack OSX.

I was routing maschine to traktor via my s4 (following instructions from Traktor Bible) - figured I could add beats on the fly here and there.

Well, after having followed all the directions, I start traktor (2.5) and all I hear is clicking (the one you hear when your latency is bad or have wifi on on a windows pc). It is so bad, I can't even play a song.

I have reinstalled traktor - no luck. I'm running Lion osX 10.7. New macbook pro 13.

S4 still works fine on windows pc, so that's good. iTunes plays music fine on the mac, so hopefully the audio card is ok.

HIGHLY advise to think twice about doing this if you ever were.

extremely frustrating

anyone have similar experience?
    Last edited by Pav-Lov; 07-01-2012 at 12:05 PM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Yep jack never worked for me, and easily solved by uninstalling jack and installing sound flower instead - no issues and works without pretty much any configuration.

Why you'd think it damaged the sound card is beyond me though, its just a driver.

Why are you using Jack OSX? Just use Traktor's internal MIDI Clock to send output to Maschine.

Edit: Just read it again and it's getting the sound to play your having the trouble with right?

-1 on Jack
    +1 Soundflower (Mac)
    +1 Virtual Audio Cable (Win)
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Wizard

@deevey: I uninstalled jack initially and the clicking persisted, which is one of the reasons why I thought the audio card might have been affected.

I just reinstalled osX and things are back to normal. My guess is that Jack osX effed up coreAudio driver on the mac (which you can't reinstall separately and have to reinstall the entire OS).

@Mike: I was trying to get maschine samples to lay over existing tracks, so alas routing maschine into the live input deck. Not sure if I can run two side by side on mac, then use the audio out of the maschine (via headphones jack) and wire that into the back of the s4. Could be a possibility. I could also run maschine on my windows laptop and wire that into s4, but I also use maschine for midifighter mapping.

Tech Wizard

Update on the situation:

I just had this happen on me again, without the jack osX. Turns out that the new macbook pro's (mid 2012) are having compatibility issues with s4 because they are USB 3.0 and there is some sort of driver conflict. The current solution is to use Kext and revert USB ports to previous driver (which will result in 2.0 speed, but whatever).

There is a good thread on this on NI forums:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...169272&page=13