New Traktor User
    Tech Convert

Default New Traktor User

Long time wedding/mobile DJ wanting to consolidate my setup down while still keeping my options open regarding Turntables etc

Long time reader on the DJ forums, and amazed at the amount of community interest in Traktor.
    So when my VCI-300 MKII died I jumped from Serato, controller, mixer and turntable and brought myself an S4.

Took 2 days off work, sat down got my songs analysed and sorted, basic software and hardware sorted and used it Saturday night. The buttons and faders felt good, the response was good and the layout conventional. MIC sounded nice I thought, and the general sound good, although the HIGHS seemed to be exaggerated a bit, so a bit of EQ tidied that up.

I initially didnt like the Traktor layout, found the Playlists/Browser setup horrible and the mixer layout reminded me of something from the 80s, or glum future.

Well, Traktor now has my full support and Im loving it. Being a mobile DJ Im playing mainly cheesy anthems from RocknRoll to Classic Rock, and Traktor gives me fantastic options to transition the songs.

Obviously I only used a splattering of the effects, but it was enough to spice up the songs and creating interesting buildups and transitions. Jog wheels were good enough to baby scratch a few songs during transitioning stages.

Thumbs up and now Im going to pull my head around my samples, one-shots and effect combos!!

I'm amazed about your comments regarding the look of the Traktor UI especially compared to Serato Itch.

I moved from Torq and one thing I really missed was seeing the waveforms of both songs moving together at the top of the screen. It was easy on the eyes because you could see the beatgrids line up. In any case, I don't miss that at all and love Traktor. One reason I love Traktor is that it's midi mappable (is Serato Mappable?), so for mobile DJ'ing, it's feasible to buy a really cheap controller like the M-Audio X-Session and just map it to Traktor as a back up just in case.

You should get the DJTT custom mapping for the S4 where you can use your job dial for effects.

Tech Convert

Yep, I miss the waveforms moving together, but I really didnt notice it on Sat night, knowing the songs inside out helps though.
    Yep, the midi mappable thing drove me mad with serato, and not able to add timecode without buying another interface? arghh...

Im liking the interface now. Wish there was more colour, but if thats all Im complaing about, then its a top product.

Im going to try the DJTT custom mapping at some stage, just really liking the layout at the moment.