SCS3d Bomes scripting question
    Tech Mentor

Default SCS3d Bomes scripting question

bento, have you used the scs3d dascratch with bomes MT pro 1.7, I just got the mac beta a few days ago and opened the generic darouter preset but couldn't quite make full sense of it as it had so many rules that I was unfamiliar with.

people ask a lot for tutorials here, so I'll be trendy and play that track too, any suggestions on where to start with trying to dissect these presets.

there are 36 presets total with a lot of page changes, its a bit complicated off of the start.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
    bento, have you used the scs3d dascratch with bomes MT pro 1.7, I just got the mac beta a few days ago and opened the generic darouter preset but couldn't quite make full sense of it as it had so many rules that I was unfamiliar with.

people ask a lot for tutorials here, so I'll be trendy and play that track too, any suggestions on where to start with trying to dissect these presets.

there are 36 presets total with a lot of page changes, its a bit complicated off of the start.
    Yes i own a SCS3d (review up on that very soon i promise !)

It took me a while to wrap my head around how the presets but work but once you crack the general flow of how everything is put together everything starts to make alot more sense.

Being an advanced user i found it easier to start from the unit boot preset and work my way from there however if your just starting out with Bomes i would just recommend looking different deck presets to begin with.

These presets are called stuff like -
    "A: EQ1 - Transport Preset - From Unit"
    "A: EQ1 - Transport Preset - To Unit"

Presets labled "To Unit" are usually controling things like LED's and also serve to send midi messages that change internal mode changes on the unit itself.

While presets labels "From Unit" are going to your software.

Start small, just edit the ones labled "From Unit" to start with until you get the hang of that.

Tech Mentor

you are a great help sir, I'll bump this thread with future questions, thanks.