Drew's Setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew's Setup

Tech Mentor

Default Drew's Setup

My DJ venture began in '96 with a new love for electronic music + various drugs. Bought an old techniques turntable, a Fisher turntable + a gemini 4 channel club mixer.

Well.. since then I traveled, was homeless for a while.. etc.. eventually stopped doing drugs and got a career.

I have had a few setups since I started.. most of them basic productions setups, a couple of times getting tables again and some American Audio CD players..

Now.. have a house, a wife and job. Thankfully still love for music. I have been back into producing about a year generally 5 days a week at least. Recently sold a Virus TI + some other stuff to fund a dj setup... miss just havin fun mixing music.. plus playing around with scratchy dubby grimey laid back elctronic hip hop is fun to me.

I have a seperate monitor hooked up to laptop for production, just have to change out 2 USB cables to switch between production + dj

Just moved from basement into a spare bedroom that has become my music studio. The basement was really good for sound as there were no walls behind me for 40 feet. This room will at some point probably get bass traps in the corners and some treatment on walls behind production monitors..

I built both tables. Production table is 4' x 6'... slide out keyboard tray with full extention, 250lb rated slides.

Update......

Have sold off my 3900s and bought M3D's.... !

Had to rebuild my table to fit the new decks..

Last edited by drewspuppet; 07-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.

i'm feelin a lot of gear envy here, nice setups

The symmetry of the decks are awesome, the desks look almost factory made, and I love the wall art. Production area is classy, efficient and sexy. You sir, have my dream studio
    Last edited by Toastmaster; 07-04-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

Tech Convert

got one question. Why most people buys this denon mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by l3mur View Post
    got one question. Why most people buys this denon mixer?
    Welcome to DJTT, l3mur. And to answer your question, there are multiple reasons. First, it's a high quality mixer that is comparable, if not better, than Pioneer mixers. Second, the MIDI integration is awesome; it's Traktor Scratch Certified, allowing it to integrate with Traktor seamlessly with excellent industry pre-mapping. In addition to this, it has a dedicated MIDI strip with knobs and encoders that are extremely flexible and customizable. Finally, one thing I love about this mixer is the soundcard: it's 96 KHz sound and the MIDI allows you to use only one USB to get your Traktor outputs to your mixer. What really sold me is the ability to run DVS through the mixer, enabling me to remove my Audio 4 soundcard from my live performance setup.

Hopefully that's a sufficient answer; sorry about the mixer gushing on a "Show Your Setup" thread.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

Tech Mentor

I like the mixer for all those reasons too. Plus such a good value... got mine used mint for $640 shipped. Also good to scratch. Although I don't need the midi and am looking to upgrade to the x1700

Quote Originally Posted by drewspuppet View Post
    Plus such a good value... got mine used mint for $640 shipped.
    DAMN! That is a fantastic deal... I got mine for $725 shipped and it just has some scratches near the USB and Mic1 inputs.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster View Post
    Welcome to DJTT, l3mur. And to answer your question, there are multiple reasons. First, it's a high quality mixer that is comparable, if not better, than Pioneer mixers. Second, the MIDI integration is awesome; it's Traktor Scratch Certified, allowing it to integrate with Traktor seamlessly with excellent industry pre-mapping. In addition to this, it has a dedicated MIDI strip with knobs and encoders that are extremely flexible and customizable. Finally, one thing I love about this mixer is the soundcard: it's 96 KHz sound and the MIDI allows you to use only one USB to get your Traktor outputs to your mixer. What really sold me is the ability to run DVS through the mixer, enabling me to remove my Audio 4 soundcard from my live performance setup.

Hopefully that's a sufficient answer; sorry about the mixer gushing on a "Show Your Setup" thread.
    thanks for the answer, I think about this mixer in future :P good luck!

Amazing set up! I also have that xray techs poster
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

nice setup! my production setup is an mpk49 and maschine. your dj rig is almost my ideal home setup and i thought about going that route with the denon decks and the x1600 with an x1 and f1. i didn't want to spend that much money...well, honestly i didn't have that much money. i ended up getting the vci-400 ege because i wanted something i could gig with easily where i wouldn't have to worry about the place's gear. if i had a ton of money though, i would have something like this at home as well.

those denon decks intrigue me since i have turntables but could never quite get the finesse down to scratch with them properly. i think with the denons it would make it easier to learn since you are taking the needle and tonearm out of the equation.

thanks for sharing and giving me a bit of gear envy, although i can't complain about my setup. i love it! i'll have to see if i can take some pics and post them here as well.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast