VCI-100SE + Traktor Pro 2.5 Remix Decks
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI-100SE + Traktor Pro 2.5 Remix Decks

Hey everyone. I've got a question regarding the functionality of the VCI-100SE and the new remix decks in Traktor Pro 2.5.

The mapping tutorial says that the Loops controls will take whatever audio is looped for either Deck A or Deck B and copy it to what used to be Deck D Sample Decks (now Remix Decks), and then will pause Deck A or B and immediately start Deck D. With 2.5 and the Remix Decks, the loop is copied, but the original material isn't paused and Deck D is not played.

What's the scoop on this? Bug? Feature? Incompatible mapping?

Thanks for your help!

Tech Mentor

i think if i'm not completely wrong you are actually talking about pro 2.2 and 'sample' decks, not 'remix' decks of 2.5. Different beasts. I have the latest overlay and mapping, and the functionality is exactly as described, but sadly that is for traktor pro 2 with sample decks, not 2.5 with remix decks!!

Tech Wizard

You're exactly right about 2.2 vs. 2.5. I guess I'm trying to figure out if the 2.5 Remix Decks will offer the same (or more) functionality as the 2.2 Sample Decks with the VCI-100SE. I'll have to play with the mapping and see if I can get 2.5 to function like 2.2.

Anyone working on an updated mapping for 2.5 and the VCI-100SE?

Thanks again!

Tech Mentor

if you manage t do it please post back and let me know!!

Tech Wizard

After looking at the mapping, I don't know if I can figure it out enough to get it right. And it's not that I don't understand HOW it should work, it's just that awful Traktor mapping interface. Seriously. Terrible.

Anyway, I did notice there is a "Legacy" submenu under the Remix Deck functionality. I'm sure that's got the stuff I'm looking for, but again, I can't figure out the modifiers.

*sigh*

Tech Mentor

Keep cracking DUDE!!!! I'm not smart enough to do it, so I'm really hoping you or someone else manages to....