DJing gone wrong!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default DJing gone wrong!

Hey everyone, have you ever DJed and then you have a huge fail? What happened? Tell me your worst epic fail?

it didnt happen to me, but a firend of mine, whe i lived back in the states, was playin out at alocal bar when some drunk as all hell chic walked up, said she liked the music, then ripped the tone arm off the left hand deck... hows that for epic?

holy shit

Needles giving out was bad. You would hear shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and everyone would look up at you as you saw the tone arm skidding across the vinyl.
    A crazy friend of mine was so drunk he pissed in the corner of the DJ booth.
    Fireworks went off indoors and charred the carpet on my speaker.

Tech Student

Damnnn! Thats crazy!

i can't compete with the tone arm being ripped off, or indoor fireworks and pissing, but at my first real gig at a crappy hookah bar i was trying to get the feel of my friends mixer which we were using. it was a long 4 channel mixer which was a little odd coming from my experience with 2 channel mixers. i was so focused on remembering what channels i was plugged into and where his knobs, cue, and headphone controls were that i was happy i got the first 2 songs mixed together with no real issues...

then i took the needle off the record i had just mixed in...silence. lol oops! i just laughed and put it back on and kept on truckin'. not very epic but it gave everyone a good laugh. thankfully most of the people there were friends, so they didn't really care much.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

we blew out a 3k amp and two speakers at a nightclub. needless to say we didn't get paid for that one lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Power surge shut all the lights and music off. Got pretty hectic with people pushing and shoving for 30seconds before the emergency lights came on. Thank god i was behind the booth
    Last edited by AKA; 07-04-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling error

Hit stop on the wrong deck /face palm

Tech Mentor

just the usual trainwreck, no big fails. But playing in a band, one time played at the city's christmas parade, the circuit tripped and lost all power in middle of playing.
    DJ Setup: MacBook Pro, TSP 2.5, (2) Stanton STR8-100, Ecler NUO4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones, Ortofon Nightclub needles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast