MF Pro Ableton APC/Launchpad style Script (Mapping)
    Tech Mentor

Default MF Pro Ableton APC/Launchpad style Script (Mapping)

After a while I realized that although the MF had some very useful and expressive mappings for Traktor, its focus simply on the Drum Rack in Ableton Live does not completely satisfies me. That’s why I decided to create a MIDI Script that would mimic some of the functionality that Launchpad or the APC has. More precisely, like Track, Clip, Device controls and of course keep the Drum Rack functionality.

So this is what I came up with! It consist of 4 pages, somehow similar to the Modes on the Novation Launchpad. (needless to say that your MF Pro must have enabled the 4 Banks mode)
    • Page 1: is the General control page and consists of tempo controls, global play, stop and record and the controls to move around the “red box”
    • Page 2: is the Track control page. Each row corresponds to one of the rows inside of the red box. And it consits of Track select, Mut, Arm and Solo.
    • Page 3: is the Clip control page, you have a 4×3 grid and the top row is the stop button for each track.
    • Page 4: is the drum rack pad. It plays the highlighted 4×4 grid in the drum rack.

Also the knobs and faders get automatically mapped to the first device of the selected track (blue hand)

For more details go to http://tomashg.com/?p=663
    Download: github.com or djtechtools.com

Here is a more detailed diagram of all the controls:

and in action:
    Last edited by ghztomash; 07-04-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Tech Mentor

Can anybody test this out and give me some feedback? If the pages and LEDs work properly.. I never actually tested this on a real MF

So far it seems to work spot on in the cue master. haven't tested the rack controls yet though....
    btw. the bank switch buttons and the faders are moved around a bit between the cue master
    and the beatmasher. so beatmasher users will notice the banks are moved around while
    the faders and knobs will control racks in a different order as opposed to 1-4 and only
    have control over 3 of those.

getting back to the mapping the clip launching led feedback etc works fine no probs so far
    in my testing.

EDIT:- looking at my beatmasher to cue master mapping you'll see that the presets are switched around. this should be identical to the banks on the beatmasher.

so on the beatmasher:-
    preset button 1 =>page 3
    preset button 2 =>page 1
    preset button 3 =>page 4
    preset button 4 =>page 2

as for the faders and knobs i have the changes written down somewhere.
    i'll post here once i find that diagram i made to convert mappings
    Last edited by gonekrazy3000; 07-05-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Tech Mentor

thanks again man for pointing those differences out for the beat masher. I will add that to the documentation

Tech Mentor

Can anybody please try this out on a MF 3D and let me know how it works?

Tech Convert

will this work on Ableton 8.2.5?

Tech Mentor

it absolutely should work!
    I have developed a very similar mapping for the MF3D because with this one the LED feedback is a bit messy, give it a try here http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=57163
    also there is a video tutorial on how to use it and install it!