Do i need to connect an amp to my audio 2?
    Tech Mentor

Default Do i need to connect an amp to my audio 2?

I have one laptop and im connecting the audio 2 to that. i also have a 3 channel mixer out of which 2 channels i will be connecting to my audio 2 (also is there any way i can connect all the 3 channels or atleast use the eq knobs for other functions on traktor i.e effects etc).

So now do i need to connect an amp to my mixer for it to produce sound or can i simply connect speakers to the mixer and it'll play? Also what do you mean by self powered or not self powered speakers?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

powered = Amp is built into the speakers
    non powered = Separate Amplifier is required for your speakers.

If your Speakers need to be plugged into a power outlet then they have an amplifier built in and you can connect your mixer directly to them.

With your Audio 2 you will only be able to use 2 of your mixers 3 channels in external mode.

Unless your mixer has midi control/usb you will not be able to control ANYTHING in Traktor from your mixer.

You would be best listing all your gear (models) so you can get more help like I said you should in your previous thread or else anyone that tries to help is just guessing.
    Last edited by deevey; 07-05-2012 at 08:11 AM.