Novation Dicer Issue with SL3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Novation Dicer Issue with SL3

Hi Guys, anyone else using Dicers with SL3? I bought a pair to go with my Serato but I cannot get them to work or respond at all. I've tried everything, plugged them in, fired up Serato and they light up but absolutely nothing happens when I press the dice. The only thing I can do is scroll through the 3 different modes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wb.

they are natively mapped to ssl, are you saying you cant set cue points either? and youve tried the loop roll, and loop function as well with a track playing? are you plugging them in before or after you start ssl

Tech Convert

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I can set cue points manually within scratch but i haven't tried to set them using the dicers. I plugged them in before I started ssl and neither looping or loop roll work either!

Tech Guru

Sounds like a bad connection and your comp isn't recognizing them. Not too uncommon. Try wiggling the plug at the Dicer around. You may need a new one.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

i always plug my dicers in after i start serato, im not sure if that matters but always safe than sorry

Try setting some cue points with the dicers (red), if that works then the dicers ARE responding, you just have to analyze your tracks for loop roll and looping
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

i completely forgot about that, if you havent analyzed ur files, then the loop and loop roll function wont work

Tech Convert

Thanks for the advice guys! I've tried everything. Plugged them in before & after I start SL3 etc . The dicer pads only seem to half light up. Certainly not as bright as I've seen in videos etc. I have a gig tonight so I will try again one last time then if it doesn't work I'll contact the supplier about a refund.

Ps files are all correctly analyzed.

Cheers, Mark.

Yeah, I can honestly say I've never run into that issue with my dicers. It sounds like the software isn't recognizing the hardware correctly, meaning it's most likely some form of a connection issue.

Are you plugging them into a USB hub perchance? That might cause issue, I don't know.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Convert

Thanks for the advice fellas. I played about a bit more on Saturday night and got them to work. I'm using Serato with CDJ's in Absolute Mode and it seems the dicers won't work unless I switch to Relative. Is this the way it should be? I just think that ABS mode is much better for cueing the start of a track on the CDJ.

Regards, Mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast