digital cueing

Thread: digital cueing

Tech Wizard

Default digital cueing

Once again sorry for the silly question, but i only have experience with cdj decks and digital djing is all very exciting but at the same time so confusing.

how is the cuing done using midi controllers? i see on the vci100 there is a cue button, but not on an allan and heath xone 1d. do djs cue their songs before their set on the software? i guess you can map that function to any button on the xone but is that how it is really done? i dont see hawtin tappin a cue button when he performs...

Thanks again.

if ur using the A&H xone 1D im asuming you are using auto-sync yes?

in that case there is no 'real' need to use the cue button in that way.

but if u want/need to just assign a button to Cue
    fart.

Tech Wizard

hey i actually dont have any digital equipment yet, just looking into it (pondering to buy a vci100 or a used mixer and a 1d or 2d). so how does this auto sync work? obviously it matches the bpm but do you plan before your set when the song is supposed to come in? you dont actually hit a cue button?

Thanks for the reply.

Cueing digitally works the same as normal gear - you just need a soundcard to connect to.

Unless of course your doing something a bit more outlandish and using my SmartCueing concept - http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/06/0...p-for-ableton/
    More on that on friday.

As for autosync, open up the FAQ and read the Traktor Pro beatgridding tutorial - that will explain all the aspects of auto sync you need to know to get started. The link to the FAQ is in my signiture, theres a ton of links to really good information in there to get you off to a flying start

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Cueing digitally works the same as normal gear - you just need a soundcard to connect to.
    ...so when your bringing a new song in you "physically" hit a button on the controller yeah? or do you set up the beatgrid, mark the cue point before hand, and let traktor bring it in at that point (sorry your gonna have to take me back to basics lol).

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Assuming you are not using any automixing functions...

You "prepare" your songs by setting grids and cue points. This allows you to sync for auto-beatmatching, and to see where the sections break down, or for you to have pre-set cue juggling.

You physically press a button to allow yourself to hear the song through your headphones. You can select your opening cue point, check your levels, all of it.

And you physically hit play, and physically move your crossfader and volume fader to mix your songs.

Or, you make buttons to do it all for you. But, realistically, you can do it all yourself, almost exactly like on decks.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Thank you :-)

or pay someone to do it for you
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "