Cannot get MF3D to work with Traktor S2
    Tech Convert

Question Cannot get MF3D to work with Traktor S2

I recently purchased a Traktor S2 Kontrol and MF3D. After spending the past few days getting comfortable with the ins and outs of the S2, I wanted to add a MF3D into the mix. I downloaded a few of the traktor mf3d maps to try out but if I run Traktor software with both the MF3D and S2 plugged into the computer at the same time, the S2 drops out. Traktor says there is no S2 connected. I have followed all of the steps precisely as shown in the 'loading and creating mf3d maps for traktor' video, but nothing seems to counteract the fact that the S2 gets knocked out by the MF3D. Even rebooting the S2 wont do anything unless I disconnect the MF3D from my computer's USB, and then the S2 will work like a charm again. Can anyone offer any suggestions or insight into what I might be doing wrong? In the midifighter utility, the software is set to traktor and four banks mode. The mf3d works fine in ableton, but I cannot get it working in traktor at all. Help! Thanks!

Tech Convert

well this helped me get it running for a while!!!---

"Try setting up the mf3d with the md utility, than close the utility and unplug the mf3d. Than start traktor, than plug in the mf3d without running the MIDI fighter utility, and Viola it works, atleast that how I got mine working for the show I played last night. I need to call djtt when I get off of work Friday and troubleshoot it."

this process is the only way i have gotten the mf3d to work in traktor!

but... after a few minutes, i tried to set a loop on the s2 and the s2 'crashed', stopping audio. dammit! whats happening?
    Last edited by slayo; 07-05-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Tech Convert

still cant get the mf3d working simultaneously with the s2 in traktor. the s2 works fine on its own, mostly using the ni default map, but ive tested it with other maps and it works fine. it just crashes whenever the mf3d is plugged in. anytime i move a fader, twist a knob, or press a button on the s2, the audio drops out, red box indicates theres no soundcard. i can leave traktor running but have to manually restart the s2 to get it recognized again. but as soon as i use it, it crashes again! the mf3d works with multiple maps. ive had a blast playing with it and it works with the audio going out of the s2. i really want to use both at the same time!

argh
    Last edited by slayo; 07-06-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Tech Convert

WELL I FIGURED IT OUT! had the s2 and midi fighter plugged into the front usb ports on my desktop pc. plugged the midi fighter into one of the back USB ports and now everything works like a charm! shouldve figured that since that front usb motherboard connector is so tiny it wouldnt get as much juice as the back PCI ports.

now im going to stay up all night. DJing AND jamming yeee!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Glad to hear you got it sorted mate! A lot of desktops front USB ports are not rated for full power, this has caused people issues in the past.