DJTT Internet Radio: Should it be a thing? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Would you contribute to a DJTT Internet Radio Station?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to run the entire thing, starting now.

17 10.49%
  • Hell yes, and I'd be willing to mix on it every week!

118 72.84%
  • I'd listen to it, for sure!

25 15.43%
  • Wouldn't listen/wouldn't contribute/not interested/etc.

2 1.23%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I'm into it!

Love deep/tech, moombahton and brazilian funk (go figure)! So I'm into it!

I think this is a great idea. I would be willing to spin (if I was worthy). I have been playing around with streaming: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djmaverick

Nice idea I would definetly recommend and listen it as well. But in my personal view the spots to given to DJ's should not be long and everybody would join in the community .
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Why did it take so long for anyone to come up with this marvelous idea? I'd love to contribute.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

IMO a podcast, similar to the RA one would be a much better option. Less hassle, and could be good

Tech Student

First step would be to decide if the station is going to be run as a profit, not for profit (charge only enough to pay the bills) or a free to access enterprise. Advertising could be used to generate income if you wanted it to but I would stay away from ads which would interrupt live shows or pre recorded sets etc. They are very annoying. Next would be to set up a solid list of quality control guidelines. You could create your own app for example which could make sure that the sound is right etc but as for a DJs technical ability, that's a bit more tricky as the guidelines you put in place may offend some.

I wouldn't recommend limiting the number of genres available as this could limit the number of listeners streaming.

It may be possible to have several live shows running at the same time but I don't know how this could be set up.

Another key point is to decide if you will or wont limit the number of Djs performing. Having concurrent live shows could be easier to administer if anyone could sign up and play whenever they wanted. A stricter one after the other formate could be long to administer particularly if there is no limit on DJs.

All this may prove to be costly in terms of broadcasting bandwidth and you would need to decide how to pay the bills in a way which will attract as many DJs and listeners as possible.
    IBM ThinkPad/Traktor Pro 2.5/Vestax VCI 100/Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
    http://soundcloud.com/rename

Yep great idea.

I'll help any way you need

jojo's got it bang on - that's the way all internet radio works (live show then on rotation when no live dj)

Don't do a podcast - go for the full thing, there are enough people on here with experience and to fill a schedule.

Oh and put me down for Sunday's 7-10 GMT
    SC | MC

Been waiting for this for a while. Great idea, can't wait to see what comes about!
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Student

I've been running a show for the past year for my live DJ sets using Wirecast and Ustream together. It is fairly easy but the only problem I have been having is getting an audience for it. I have a nice cam setup and actually use LED lighting effects to make it more enjoyable. I have been doing "advertising" only really on Facebook. But it seems as if none of my friends on there really like the genre I use. However I do have about 4-5 regulars every Monday which is nice.

Now as far as running it goes...it is very easy to coordinate everything and get things broadcasting using Ustream, the other sites and programs I have tried before but I am not 100% familiar with how they work exactly. I have tried to make make my own internet radio using my personal website, but I just can't figure it out completely. But hey. Case of the Mondays every Monday night at 10pmET! Lol...shameless plug.
    Last edited by mattYams; 07-06-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Great idea. I would love to contribute. Either by playing or on the behind the scenes of things or both.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast