Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Exclamation traktor glitching (non CPU related!!!) please help!

    hi everyone

    recently I have big problem with my traktor 2.5 & S4

    I did find many post about CPU related glitching problem with traktor
    by this one is non CPU related.

    every 2-3 minutes traktor produce glitch/pop/crack sound
    something similar to static electricity crack but muuuuch louder

    I have HP probook, win7 64bit, 4GB RAM, i5 processor... my CPU usage is all the time at cca 15-20% max
    and during that sound CPU does not jump (does not go to peek/red)
    it's always at the same level

    I did try to change latency, audio cable, USB port (it's 2.0, not 3.0), but the problem stays
    (I can hear glitch sound in my headphones also so the problem is not in club amplifiers or speakers...)
    and the problem is there with older versions also

    any ideas???

    thank you big time and sorry for my bad english!!

  2. #2
    Tech Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm having the exact same problem, I'm using a new macbook pro X1 controller, 2dj sound card, and traktor pro 2.5, so annoying what is the problem please?????
    Gone back to cd's untill sorted!


    Quote Originally Posted by viszla View Post
    hi everyone

    recently I have big problem with my traktor 2.5 & S4

    I did find many post about CPU related glitching problem with traktor
    by this one is non CPU related.

    every 2-3 minutes traktor produce glitch/pop/crack sound
    something similar to static electricity crack but muuuuch louder

    I have HP probook, win7 64bit, 4GB RAM, i5 processor... my CPU usage is all the time at cca 15-20% max
    and during that sound CPU does not jump (does not go to peek/red)
    it's always at the same level

    I did try to change latency, audio cable, USB port (it's 2.0, not 3.0), but the problem stays
    (I can hear glitch sound in my headphones also so the problem is not in club amplifiers or speakers...)
    and the problem is there with older versions also

    any ideas???

    thank you big time and sorry for my bad english!!

  3. #3
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJay View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem, I'm using a new macbook pro X1 controller, 2dj sound card, and traktor pro 2.5, so annoying what is the problem please?????
    Gone back to cd's untill sorted!
    The new macbook pro is probably your problem... are you sure you have the same issue?

    Check this out and see if it works http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=54651

    For the OP, I don't have too much to offer except maybe it is the fact that they are usb 3.0 and have conflicting drivers.

  4. #4
    Tech Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Thanks for your reply.......My macbook pro is not the latest retina display, I've had it 6 months it's been perfect in the clubs, I was just about to partition the drive to setup a dual boot system, (one OS just for dj'ing the other for general use) then I switched off the "key" function in Tracktor and it appears to have stopped the the horrible glitch/sound every 10/15 secs, I played out the following evening for 3 hours with no sound glitches fantastic! except the bloomin' controller stopped working!!!! I had to mix a cd in then reboot the mac, luckily i managed to keep the dancefloor, but it's stress you dont want while your enjoying yourself! I think maybe the usb socket could be coming loose or perhaps the cable, I'll have to check this.....

    Previous things that I've done to resolve the glitch/sound every 10/15 secs issue is:
    1. removed a sound driver which "Log me in" had installed
    2. Adjust the latency in both directions
    3. Adjust the sample rate trying all different rates
    4. checked system properties for devices being used and closed any unknown resource hoggers

    I'll post an update of the controller blackout once ive checked out the mac


    Quote Originally Posted by Taxable fern View Post
    The new macbook pro is probably your problem... are you sure you have the same issue?

    Check this out and see if it works http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=54651

    For the OP, I don't have too much to offer except maybe it is the fact that they are usb 3.0 and have conflicting drivers.

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    still nothing :/
    another gig tomorrow... I'll use only F1 with my onboard soundcard :/

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    158

    Default

    maybe the gain is to high

  7. #7
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I'm having a similar problem where sound output to kontrol s4 makes makes a tick tick tick noise sound and playing a track is only noise. Could this be a problem with OS X 10.8? I've tried updating both traktor and the kontrol s4 driver.
    Sound output to internal works.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hildgrim View Post
    I'm having a similar problem where sound output to kontrol s4 makes makes a tick tick tick noise sound and playing a track is only noise. Could this be a problem with OS X 10.8? I've tried updating both traktor and the kontrol s4 driver.
    Sound output to internal works.
    It happens on windows as well.

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY Area
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Seems I spoke to soon on my CPU relief. After a reboot with 2.5.1 still getting a pegged CPU, although the audio 'clipping' is happening with a little less frequency.

    Unhook my S2, all is good.
    ParisCreative: Rane 62 | Denon SC3900s | MBP 13" | My MixCloud | Like me on Facebook

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YaYa View Post
    maybe the gain is to high
    ..... I wont even go into how pointless this comment is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •