newbie. which cables do i need/ setup S4 + audio 2 dj
    Tech Convert

Default newbie. which cables do i need/ setup S4 + audio 2 dj

Hello

i bought the traktor S4 + audio 2DJ from NI
    which cable do i need to connect the S4 to the audio 2 dj to use on output A for master and output B for headphones.
    i don t really get how to set up this...
    do i have to plug the heaphones to the audio 2 dj or to the S4 ?

main question is : how do i setup the S4 + headphones with an Audio 2 DJ from NI and my computer (no ampli, only computer speakers)

really stupid questions sorry for that.
    Last edited by kollision; 07-07-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Tech Mentor

I'm not sure why you bought an audio 2 when you have an s4.

The s4 has an inbuilt soundcard so you don't need the audio 2.

I'll buy the audio 2 off you, I am in need of one right now

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by karma View Post
    I'm not sure why you bought an audio 2 when you have an s4.

The s4 has an inbuilt soundcard so you don't need the audio 2.
    the issue i have is : if i connect the s4 only in usb to my computer, i didn t manage to make the headphone works (plugged to S4)
    if i select my pc internal soundcard as audio device, i cannot make the headphone works. see here : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/s41e.png/
    same design but with S4 as output master, no sound at all.

if i choose the audio 2 as audio device, the headphone are working but the master output doesn t work.
    see here : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/s42c.png/
    Last edited by kollision; 07-07-2012 at 07:21 AM.

You need to select the s4 as the sound card, set mixing to 'internal' (in preferences) and plug the computer speakers into the S4. You may need to use a converter to go from 3.5mm (computer speakers) to RCA(S4).
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Guru

Download the Asio4All driver. http://www.asio4all.com/ . Open up the Asio4ALL control panel. You can choose which outputs and inputs you want working with the Asio4all driver. Make sure headphone output on the S4 is active and the speaker output on your PC's internal soundcard is active. Then open Traktor, choose Asio4All as your soundcard, and configure your output routing in Traktor.

Asio4All driver is not scratch certified, so if you want to run timecode records or cd's you need to select the S4 driver again.

change the output routings in the preferences first of all so you can monitor off the s4. i would keep the audio 2 and grab an x1. there may be occasions where there isn't room for the s4 or you cant be F'd taking it with you
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Yeah you're not setting it up correctly. You won't need to run the two together. However, keep that Audio 2. It's a great backup sound card. I use an S4 but bring the Audio 2 to every gig.

Well my offer still stands until the end of today, if you want to sell it since you dont need it let me know. I'll be buying one myself tomorrow otherwise, thanks.