Beginner controller for use with traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feralchimp View Post
    LOL
    ???

You would be surprised how many people ask about the difference between 'Certified' and 'Ready' and assume they mean the same thing.
    Clarity is always a good thing. No ?

LOL

I'd go with the x-session pro. Enough controls to get around, not enough to get lost, and someone else will always be looking for one if/when you feel like trading it away for a VCI / APD.
    Yeah hes trying to point out the fact that you cant plug a couple decks into it and expect to use it with a couple turntables. Which can make a big difference in some peoples eyes, no need to lol at him - hes trying to help

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    ???

You would be surprised how many people ask about the difference between 'Certified' and 'Ready' and assume they mean the same thing.
    Clarity is always a good thing. No ?
    Suprise so, whats the difference? I guess certified means you can use it without any problems and ready means its supported but not perfect? I am slightly confused here. If you could please put some light in the situation. As clarity is always a good thing, right? Thats sth i never worried about though i have a bcd3000 and traktor3LE

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Yeah hes trying to point out the fact that you cant plug a couple decks into it and expect to use it with a couple turntables. Which can make a big difference in some peoples eyes, no need to lol at him - hes trying to help
    Sorry guys, didn't mean to imply Karl's response wasn't helpful; it probably was to the OP. I was just recalling my recent experience re: "certified" Traktor hardware in that *other* thread.

For future reference though, what *is* the difference between "ready" and "certified" in this context?
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

Sorry guys, didn't mean to imply Karl's response wasn't helpful; it probably was to the OP. I was just recalling my recent experience re: "certified" Traktor hardware in that *other* thread.

For future reference though, what *is* the difference between "ready" and "certified" in this context?
    Traktor Ready means that NI have made a .tsi file for it and the controller sends midi that works with Traktor.

Traktor Certified means that you can plug timecode into it and it will run aswell as there being a .TSI for it and it sends messages that can be used with Traktor.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Meh... not sure how that has any relevance. Ive only been courteous and polite in that thread. Not sure what experience you've had that means you need to be arsey with 'me' ? but whatever...

Anyhoo... BentoSan is of course right. Id add that Certified means that the Mixer/controller has an internal soundcard that meets the equivalent standard and resources that are provided by the Audio 8.

So... and what does traktor enabled mean? Thats whats written on my bcd3000.

To go back to the topic at hand:
    As I both own a XSession and the Nano-PAD, I'd actually say go with a Nano-PAD and a Nano-Kontrol. I enjoy the Korgs quite a bit more than the XSession, don't know of anything the XS has, that the Nano-Kontrol would lack.
    In addition to that, the Nanos are smaller.
    I mix stuff on my things...

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    So... and what does traktor enabled mean? Thats whats written on my bcd3000.
    Traktor Enabled == Traktor Ready

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12