loosing my passion for djing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    I am struggling to keep myself djing. Im big into hip hop and in both the cities I live Lincoln and Leeds the music scene i really bad. All I seem to get offered is commercial gigs and I hate them.

So im thinking of running a club night but looking for sombody to do it with. Do you think this will help with my music passion
    I ran a club for 2 years and though I made quite a bit of revenue, I found that I never had time to DJ. There's so much to worry about 24/7. I couldn't plan a set week after week. I ended up just hiring. I did cover my DJs if they wanted some time off though. It is worth the experience to run a club, you meet so many great people. The downside is, (in my hometown anyway), is that clubs have short lifespans. People generally want to flock to the newest club experience. I know a few club owners that renovate year to year.

Tech Mentor

*Losing...
    13" MBP 2012 | 4 GB RAM | 2.4 GHz Intel i5
    Traktor Pro 2
    M-AUDIO Trigger Finger | Traktor Kontrol S2

Quote Originally Posted by FILTHZ View Post
    *Losing...
    huh?

edit: oh you're correcting someone...

Are you a student in Leeds Tom?
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

Tom,
    Hire or buy a PA and find a shack to put on your own old school style parties with close mates and other chosen guests.

I've been doing this on and off for the past 6 years or so and they've been some of the best nights i've ever had.

Not made any money from them and written off some gear along the way but they always remind me why i DJ.

Running a Club night will suck your soul dry to be honest and most likely not much fun. I get the feeling that enjoyment is what you're after.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12