Virtual DJ Pro Mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's gonna be something pretty simple looking, I hesitate to say the word, but, "Serato'ish"... 4 Deck, DVS control, with vinyl control decks A+C switchable (one button toggle by midi/key press) and the same for decks B+D. Also, instant doubles (by midi/key press) from A>B, and from B>A, and from A>C and B>D.

Still with me?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I can't imagine something like that would be too difficult to put together after the graphics are sorted.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Groovy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Wizard

I love that skin in the picture
    Last edited by MartinK; 07-16-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Alright guys, I need the "Top 8" press-effects that you think should be mapped to the Gratify performance grid. Lets here your favorites!

I want to make this mapping relevant to the largest number of VDJ users. (i.e. by using effects that most have, and are likely to want mapped to the Gratify grid)

Thanks!
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

I say just use the same as the EG edition in traktor for consistency. When you register you get access to download effects from the forum that match almost any effect in traktor with exception of transpose, iceverb, transpose, bouncer... but they can be replicated with vst's.

another script trick you can use is to automate the action of an effect slider while pressed using the "repeat" verb eg.

repeat 20ms & effect "flanjet" slider 1 +1%

the purple writing is the modifier i.e. for "repeat" the entire script after will repeat every 20 milliseconds while you have the button pressed, & each time the script is triggered the effect slider will increase by 1%.

This script is not finished as you need reset the slider to 0% with the button when you first press it, so add it before "repeat" so it doesn't happen every time the script repeats

effect "flanjet" slider 1 1% & repeat 20ms & effect "flanjet" slider 1 +1%

To finish off the script you can activate the effect while the button is held and turn off on release with "while_pressed"

effect "flanjet" active while_pressed & effect "flanjet" slider 1 1% & repeat 20ms & effect "flanjet" slider 1 +1%
    Last edited by synthet1c; 07-17-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Excellent! So, basically, while pressed, the sliders will automate for the duration of the press. Love it.

When you register you get access to download effects ...
    I'm assuming this means I have to purchase the software to (legally) download effects?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

You need a registered version, so LE $???, Pro full $300, Pro basic $100, broadcaster $50 to get effects. You get a discount when upgrading from any minor version to the full version though, so buying basic or broadcastor is an investment as most of the price comes off upgrading to Pro, both don't allow external control from midi or timecode and broadcaster doesn't allow ASIO soundcard routing.

But if you want the cheapest option buy a secondhand Mixtrack Pro that hasn't had the serial upgraded, upgrade with the serial then sell the mixtrack, same story with a Hercules RMX, they both give 50% off upgrading, or you could do what I did and get a secondhand virtual vinyl system or numark cue "boxed software" and upgrade that... cost me 120$ for VV with soundcard, TC vinyl, then upgrading was only $50 WIN!...

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c
    repeat 20ms & effect "flanjet" slider 1 +1%
    Interesting - but, why is it in ms? Why not sync it to the beat???

Quote Originally Posted by synthe1c
    get a secondhand virtual vinyl system or numark cue "boxed software" and upgrade that... cost me 120$ for VV with soundcard, TC vinyl, then upgrading was only $50 WIN!...
    Also interesting...

I've asked that myself... you can quantize some things but not others but no answer from atomix on future development, although you can quantize everything in djdecks as you probably know.

You get a free upgrade as you were a djdecks user patch, I have seen the djdecks logo for a couple of users on the forum, just email adion directly if you can't do it yet and I'm sure he will try to sort something out for you.

I should also mention when upgrading it doesn't matter if the LE software is registered on the forum to another user, it only matters that the serial has never been upgraded. Once you upgrade you get a brand new serial that you can register in your name so you get all the upgrades and extras.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast