Virtual DJ Pro Mapping - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    You need a registered version, so LE $???, Pro full $300, Pro basic $100, broadcaster $50 to get effects. You get a discount when upgrading from any minor version to the full version though, so buying basic or broadcastor is an investment as most of the price comes off upgrading to Pro, both don't allow external control from midi or timecode and broadcaster doesn't allow ASIO soundcard routing.

But if you want the cheapest option buy a secondhand Mixtrack Pro that hasn't had the serial upgraded, upgrade with the serial then sell the mixtrack, same story with a Hercules RMX, they both give 50% off upgrading, or you could do what I did and get a secondhand virtual vinyl system or numark cue "boxed software" and upgrade that... cost me 120$ for VV with soundcard, TC vinyl, then upgrading was only $50 WIN!...
    I see. Ahh well, guess I'll just do what I can with what I got (which is a copy of VDJ Pro 7 that works as long as I keep it blocked via firewall + a torrent full of effects, although I suspect I'm missing many of the best ones, such as looproll). I can't afford to purchase VDJ at this time, though I may consider it once I see what VDJ8 can do. For now, I'm just happy to provide SOMETHING for the VCI-400 EGE users who like VDJ, because as of yet, I haven't seen a single VDJ mapping for the device posted anywhere, until I decided to post one myself. It appears I've had at least a couple takers for my mapping, so that's motivation enough for me to keep working on it. I guess what I'll do is keep mapping stuff thats native to a clean install of VDJ, and then I could always modify the FX pointers to match specific users' FX needs.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

An encoder that scrolls through FX, activating each one while selected. While spinning a jog to control FX parameters. Basically enabling seemless fast FX switching with rapid parameter control (maybe via increased sensitivity for parameter modification on the jog) to create super crazy fast glitch/flange/phase/delay/plugin/plugin/...etc. Wonder what that would sound like ....
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

here is my thread for a vdj mapper of the midifighter, It uses almost every trick in the book that you can do with a button or led. I also posted links to some essential vst plugins that I use, accept moot "that's a piece of crap lol"

Be warned the mapping is quite big, but if you want to read it just open it in a text editor and use find and replace to change the xml specific codes [' , " , &] to their more readable equivalent [ ' , " , &]
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    Like, how about auto sync on cue jump? To sort of emulate Traktors quantize/snap? Sounds like a cool idea, if I could get it to work ... hmmm...

Just realized Virtual DJ has a built-in cue snap feature via the smart_cue toggle. Derp! Ahh well... ya learn somethin' new everyday.

Hey Synthet1c, you mind giving me a brief example of mapping modifiers buttons? I have the 8-button cue-grid mapped to set cue points, so now I need to be able to delete cue points and I'm hoping to do it like "shift + cue_point = delete cue point".

Thanks!

no worries..

to set a shift button you just need to choose whether you want it to be toggled on and off or momentary. To toggle the shift on and off you would use "toggle 'my_var'" for momentary you use "set 'my_var' while_pressed". There is a couple of other ways to do it but this should be enough for now.

**the variable name 'my_var' can be anything you choose as long as you call the same name on the control you are using, the most common being simply 'shift'**

You can also choose if you want a shift button to affect the whole controller "global" or just the side of the controller you pressed the button on "local". For global shifts add a dollar sign "$" before the variable name eg. "set '$my_var' while_pressed", otherwise leave it out for local shifts.

**this only applies to properly defined controllers, so unfortunately for this it won't work... but you can name the variables differently for the two decks eg "set 'shift_left' while_pressed"**

Now you have set a variable on the registry you just need to call that on any of the controls. for any variable in vdj it works off a simple formula of

query ? action if true : action if false

so for your example of deleting the hot cue when shift is enabled "true", or hot cueing it if shift is disabled "false" you would use

var 'my_var' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

I almost forgot, becuase you are using the simple midi wrapper you need to allocate the deck number infront of everything eg.

deck 1 var 'my_var' ? deck 1 delete_cue 1 : deck 1 hot_cue 1

It takes an hour or two to compile a definition file but makes life so much quicker and easier mapping, and then you get use of the leds...

Hope that helps
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Sweetness.

I'm gonna use this for my Gratify Grid; 'shift + effect = toggle effect'.

Worked like a charm for cue delete purposes Synthet1c.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    Sweetness.

I'm gonna use this for my Gratify Grid; 'shift + effect = toggle effect'.
    This however is another story. It's doing something that's basically redundant. I'm gonna fiddle with it some more though..

Default Does it work for Mac ?

i´m having problems on making it work. Seems like the program doesn´t detect the mapper on the file.

A final mapper for the DJTECHTOOLS VCI-400 was made ​​by the Atomix teamer Moramax

Download: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/1609...L_EDITION.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123