Virtual DJ Pro Mapping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Virtual DJ Pro Mapping v1.0 (Aug. 1st)

For those who seek it, here is my mapping for Virtual DJ Pro 7. All mappings are for decks A and B only.

This is a work in progress but here's what I've got so far:
    Cue Grid
    -sets/jumps 8 cue points
    -"Cue" button + cue grid button, deletes individual cue points
    Gratify Grid
    -Top row is BeatGrid, FlippinDouble and Flanger. I have other 3rd party effect plugins mapped to some of the other buttons but if you dont have these, obviously they wont work. The effects engage while the button is pressed. However you can use the "Loop Active" button directly above the grid to toggle the selected effect on/off. Above the "Loop Active" button, the two center knobs at the top of the device control the effect parameters
    Transport
    -Deck A(left to right): loop half, set 4 count loop, set 8 count loop, loop double, loop out, play+sync.
    -Deck B(left to right): play+sync, loop out, loop half, set 4 count loop, set 8 count loop, loop double.
    Headphone Cue
    -For decks A & B, the headphone buttons above the volume faders will activate the cue for that deck.
    You will need to go into the VDJ settings "Sound Setup" tab. In the drop-down list, select "Advanced Config". Click the "Advanced Config..." button. Click the "+" button to add a new line. In the first drop-down, select "Headphones. In the second, select "Vestax VCI-400". In the third, select "Output 5&6". Click "OK", then "OK" again to exit settings. I have mapped the headphone volume knob to the Master Volume knob directly above the "Shift" button. However, you must make sure the headphones' "Level" knob next to the headphone jack is turned up.

I have also mapped the crossfader, volume faders, tempo faders, EQ & gain knobs, browser encoder, and load/sync buttons.

To make it work:
    -Download and unzip Generic MIDI mapping(VCI-400SE v1.0).zip
    -Copy the Generic MIDI mapping(VCI-400SE).xml file to your "Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers" directory.
    -Set both decks to "Jog FX" mode via the switches at the bottom of the device.
    -That's it. Launch VDJ.

Changes since previous version:
    -Removed Jog FX. Replaced with semi-standard beat-matching functionality.
    -Added cue delete functionality
    -Added headphone cue functionality

I fully welcome all comments/questions/suggestions. Also, I'm willing to help anyone map specific press effects to the Gratify grid.
    Last edited by Bhajan; 08-01-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Added features.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Student

nice you did a great job i must say... its very hardwork which you did successfully be successful in future...

Thankyou for sharing this with us
    Love dealing with step parent adoption

Tech Wizard

Cool, I just came onto check if one's available. Thanks!

Glad to provide! In retrospect, some of the mappings are kinda lame, but like I said in my original post, this is my first mapping attempt so bare with me.

Next thing i'll be adding is jog nudges for manual beat matching. And I'll probably reverse slider 1 for the Jog FX.

Let me know what you guys think this needs first and foremost!
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

Like, how about auto sync on cue jump? To sort of emulate Traktors quantize/snap? Sounds like a cool idea, if I could get it to work ... hmmm...

To jump in quantized steps use "goto +1", "goto -4", "goto +128" etc...
    You can move unquantized using "goto +60000ms" that's one minute written in milliseconds.

Or if you want to get tricky you can use this to jump to a specific beat within a bar "goto_bar 1", you should note that this doesn't work as you would expect

down beat - goto_bar 4
    first beat - goto_bar 1
    second beat - goto_bar 2
    third beat - goto_bar 3

you can make a very basic slicer using these commands and activating a roll effect like Tex_ZK's "looproll" at the same time eg
    button 1
    get beat_num 1 ? goto_bar 4 & down ? effect 'looproll' active on : effect 'looproll' active off : goto -4 & goto_bar 4 & down ? effect 'looproll' active on : effect 'looproll' active off

button 2
    goto_bar 1 & effect 'looproll' active while_pressed

button 3
    goto_bar 2 & effect 'looproll' active while_pressed

button 4
    goto_bar 3 & effect 'looproll' active while_pressed

It's not great as it is limited to one bar, but I have asked that we get the script to include the ability to go to any beat within 4 bars, which would make an instant slicer. I made a better slicer that includes 8 beat selection in my midifighter mapping, but it's too complicated to explain here if you don't understand vdjscript first.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Synthet1c, I wasn't gonna plague you with my noob questions until I at least gave it a whirl myself ... since I know it can frustrate when it's obvious stuff and people just wanna use you as an instant search encyclopedia because they're too lazy to just RTFM!

For those who don't know the term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

Well, looks like you saved me some reading, yet again! Thanks broseph! I'm gonna tinker with these commands when I get home from work ... see what I can come up with.

Ask away bro it doesn't really bother me but I do prefer the tricky ones that make me sweat for a minute before coming to a solution, but I especially love the ones that make me spend hours trying to figure it out, it's rare these days unfortunately ,

But I just started learning html and javascript for web design to bring a little excitement of learning back, and hopefully a place to make some coin selling my controllerist mappings and skins when VDJ8 gets released, definitely gonna wait until the beta is finished* as I don't want to get kicked of the vdj forum for selling stuff until VDJ8's released... after that it doesn't really matter.

*hasn't started yet

I may well be hitting you up for a custom VDJ8 skin - if VDJ8 is as bad-ass as I hope it will be! (Now that Adion is involved, that is)...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

what did you have in mind patch?

this is the current one I'm working on, the idea revolves around having selectable colors for everything to be ready for the new generation of controllers...

but since starting that I've learned better skills with photoshop and started playing with inkscape.

Can't wait for the new skin and script sdk to find out what will be possible with adion at the wheel, and transparency will be a revelation compared to what we can do now.
    Last edited by synthet1c; 07-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast