Any way to sync Massive Synth with Traktor?

Default Any way to sync Massive Synth with Traktor?

Hey everyone
    I know it's a weird question, but would there be any way of programming traktor to recognize massive as a live input deck? I'm a big fan of switching between the two programs (I'll have a beat or a song playing in Traktor then play along with Massive). But I was thinking how nice it would be if I could use the loop recorder along with what I play in Massive.
    Any help is appreciated! Thank You!

Tech Mentor

well you can easily play and record loops in another program (abelton, logic, etc) using massive and have abelton/whatever synced with traktor and that will cause your loops to play back synced up. if your cpu can handle it that can be a good option. otherwise maybe some sort of software or hardware exists to help you out

Good point, thanks for the input!

The only thing with that is I'm not sure if I can play my computer keyboard like a piano then

Tech Mentor

The BPM that Massive is synced to is in the GLOBAL tab above the LFO's. Just change to whatever the Master BPM is in Traktor.
    13" MBP 2012 | 4 GB RAM | 2.4 GHz Intel i5
    Traktor Pro 2
    M-AUDIO Trigger Finger | Traktor Kontrol S2

i've used soundflower (mac) to route the output of a send in ableton into a live input deck in traktor (kind of pointless but i wanted to experiment with adding traktor's affects) and worked fine. u should be able to use jack if on windows. lfo rate can be controlled over midi but u can only use midi input at a time afaik and you'd need to convert the traktor clock into a cc.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"