New VOXOA M70 VDJ/TRAKTOR mixer worth taking a look at!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New VOXOA M70 VDJ/TRAKTOR mixer worth taking a look at!

hey lads and ladettes,

I'm DJ from New Zealand, and I'm living in China. I see a lot of really, really crap DJ gear on a daily basis... (no really... its really crap lol.)

BUT, once and a while I find some gems, Like the new M70.

I was buying some gear for the Skullcandy office when I came across the Voxoa brand. They are a company that operate out of HongKong, and they make OEM products for a bunch of other very popular European and USA brands that a lot of you already own.

I liked some of their up-and-coming projects and they seemed to be serious about making quality, serious pro gear.
    They asked me to review some of the new gear and give them feedback, and I must say I will be looking forward to some great new stuff coming from these guys.
    Their gear is aimed at the mid-market range... not cheap crap, not rip-off expensive, but quality, affordable and professional features and build.

So, the M70. Its a basic 2 channel mixer suitable for scratch DJ's.
    The key thing is that it has a bunch of midi controls all over it (a bit like the Pio. DJM-T1) and can be used with Traktor pro or VDJ.

Great for us creative controllerists!

Anyway... they let me borrow this mixer for a few gigs and it was great to use. I recommend it! so I will post it here.
    i don't want to give my demo unit back yet!.. but I am testing out their C60 traktor scratch controller/mixer next.

The downside! Oh yea... if you want to buy one they currently do not sell in stores on the US or UK due to their contracts with the other dj gear brands... however there are some popping up private sale on-line (ebay etc...)
    If anyone is interested let me now .. I am considering taking advantage of my discounted price and selling a few my self... but only if you guys are keen to check them out.

http://www.voxoa-pro.com/products.ph...kind=12&pid=78
    Last edited by tekki; 03-06-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Tech Guru

what price are they?

Well im just working out shipping to NZ, but i guess the shipping to USA/UK would be similar.

We're looking at around $500-$600 including shipping.. maybe I can get lower shipping (nearly $100).

Well im just working out shipping to NZ, but i guess the shipping to USA/UK would be similar.

We're looking at around $500-$600 including shipping.. maybe I can get lower shipping (nearly $100).

Thats USD price

If I had the cash I'd buy that without a doubt to sit between my tables for VDJ Pro. Are they looking at selling it to stanton or reloop at all in the future? What price point are they/you looking at?
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I get the impression from them that they are intending to establish some pro gear under their own brand. They are already very popular across asia in just their first year using the brand VOXOA.
    The M70 is the perfect unit to launch this idea, its really a serious piece of kit.

Yeah I really like the feel of hanpin's current gear that reloop sell, the C70 also looks much better than stantons version although the online price from Asia to Australia was almost double just to get prettier leds lol, I assume the QC and parts will be better on their own branded gear if they are wanting to hit the world market, not that there is anything wrong with the dj3 or contour.

Has this got the nice loose crossfader from the digital jockey 3?

The cross-fader is pretty loose.. it bounces back half way when you flick it across. Its replaceable also. The curve control is a dial so you can get it just right.

I am extremely happy with the C60 I have been using as well. Not to mention the turntables they do that are the first turntables I have enjoyed using since technics. (same as reloops tt's). All-in-all I hope they have plans for releasing their gear globally.

Yeah I have the American Audio version, same motor but it's phono unlike the stanton st150 and the reloop ones.

I have never used or know of anyone using a real hanpin mixer, is the eq nice? any specs on the frequency bands and do the eq knobs also transmit midi aswell? I'd read the manual but don't have adobe reader on my tablet

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Really nice! Both units are equipped with large amount of controls, creative mappings will love it. I like C60's double 4x4 button grid, it's badass controller.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast