Creating a Crossplatform betwen two Djs: What is the best way?
    Tech Student

Default Creating a Crossplatform betwen two Djs: What is the best way?

Hello folks,

My friend and I are two Djs based out of Philadelphia who are ready to get off the two deck format and perform/Jam together live on stage. My question is what would you recommend us getting gear wise? Right now we have 2x CDJ 900's (could be sold or left in the studio to jam on) and a djm 900 nexus (great digital mixer, used for recording live, dozen or so onboard effects, but also could be sold or left in the studio.)

Our goal is to be like Lazer sword, dusky or the polish ambassador. These artists have a very efficient/small setup that we would like to adopt. Honestly at this point in our careers we would like to manage everything down to a laptop and a controller.

What would you be looking at buying if you had $1800-3500

Tech Wizard

If you think about it most big names are using midi which isn't really expensive compared to analog gear. Id get a good reliable soundcard (you could always use the DJM 900 tho) and then using anything along the lines of Traktor &or Abelton your only limited by your imagination. Put the time in the map most it yourselves, learn it in and out and then you can wow people. Anything MPC styled is great for cue juggling, samples, drumming or midi-fighter like effects. Basically you can rock out on cheaper gear as long as its reliable and well built. Doing any shows soon? NE & West Philly is my mainstay.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash