Should I even bother?
    Tech Wizard

Default Should I even bother?

I almost feel that if I need to ask this question maybe I shouldn't bother. But here goes nothing.

I have watched videos with the Midi Fighter and things alike and can tell some people play piano and others have just practiced a lot. I have been practicing making beats and just trying to be expressive with my ipad Imaschine app and some times like every great once in a while something sounds really cool.....did I record it no.... >.< but I find it difficult to make some thing that I consider good come out of it. Do I need to read up on playing the drums? Do I just need to keep practicing? Then when it comes to the whole other end of the midi fighter(it's main reason for existing) which is altering mixes on the go that frightens me to death!!!!! lol well not really but I know it looks easy in videos and sounds easy enough to grasp from explanations but is that all practice? Are many of the midi fighter mappings that people make pretty intuitive? I'm just a beginner so if any of this is way off base just let me know.

Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice...

Then, when you've done that:

Practice some more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more, and more...

You get the idea.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It really depends on the map if it's intuitive or not, remember most of them are made by individuals to cater their needs but there are some pretty decent ones out there if the MF appeals you.

Jeremy Ellis and a few others have some nice finger drumming tutorials you can put to use and yes, the secret is practice. You are learning to play an instrument here.