Two deals offered by Guitar Center for mixers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wampaone View Post
    granted most companies are Financing centers that happen to sell electronics these days... where do you get your gear from?
    Literally just google the gear you want, click shopping, find the cheapest one offered, and order it. I just bought a pair of headphones for LESS THAN HALF the price Guitar Center is selling them for. And these are headphones that were released last month. got them with free shipping from site I've never heard of

Or craigslist... Just bought an Audio 10 DJ with control vinyls and CD's and a traktor license for $200...

I have no idea how stores like Guitar Center are still in business.... Are people THAT sold on the guarantees and warranties that they always weasel out of?

Tech Mentor

[QUOTE=Saurus;502760]Literally just google the gear you want, click shopping, find the cheapest one offered, and order it. I just bought a pair of headphones for LESS THAN HALF the price Guitar Center is selling them for. And these are headphones that were released last month. got them with free shipping from site I've never heard of

Or craigslist... Just bought an Audio 10 DJ with control vinyls and CD's and a traktor license for $200...

HAHA i hear ya on warranties... but yeah like i said they are a Financing company that happens to sell music gear just like best buy and every other store out there....

maybe i just know the pro audio guy at my guitar center really well cuz he will price match + 10% of the difference anytime as long as they are a authorized dealer. i just got the hdj-2000-k for 235 no shipping or tax.

Pio - far better resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Literally just google the gear you want, click shopping, find the cheapest one offered, and order it. I just bought a pair of headphones for LESS THAN HALF the price Guitar Center is selling them for. And these are headphones that were released last month. got them with free shipping from site I've never heard of

I have no idea how stores like Guitar Center are still in business.... Are people THAT sold on the guarantees and warranties that they always weasel out of?
    You do know that you can walk into Guitar Center with any legit sale price from anyplace on the internet and they'll match it, right? I'm not saying you should shop there, but if you don't, price shouldn't be the reason.

Couple years ago I bought a mixer online from a Canadian site for a great price (probably $500 under MSRP); however what they didn't tell me is I'd have to pay the delivery guy $100 customs fee just to take possession of the package. OK, no biggie, except within a couple weeks I had decided it wasn't the mixer for me and I bought a different one used off ebay. I ended up selling the mixer online eventually, but I could've saved the aggravation had I brought the price I found into GC and bought it for that price there, thanks to their liberal return policy.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Pio - far better resale value.
    Rane mixers hold their value pretty strong as well honestly.

That being said, it's not a deal on either really.

What I would do is try to find a deal online, and Guitar Center will PRICE MATCH most stuff you can find. That's what I've done in the past, because honestly I like dealing with a face-to-face transaction and having a place to go when something goes wrong. But, I don't like paying the retard price either.

Also, those are two very different mixers. It's probably best to decide what you really want before you pull the trigger.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12