More Deck-jacking; I guess this is a thing now? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So ridiculous. You have a night planned out DJ's are set fans are expecting a vibe and then some last minute phone call makes you change everything so TMZ can report that "WILL.I.AM popped into Drais' for an unannounced DJ set." sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    IF they're kicking them OFFthe decks... how would that help in any way....?
    they still get paid.

well I'm sure they would still get paid. Its probably more of an integrity thing and fame to your name.

Yeah I don't doubt the DJs got paid for their trouble. The fans sure didn't, though, and obviously it's not just about the money. It's one thing if they call the DJ that morning and say, look, DJ Five Dolla Holla is rollin through with all his bitches and he's gonna double your fee for you to stay home and tweet apologies to your followers while he plays Levels on repeat. It still sucks but it gives everyone a chance to save face and gives the fans a chance to find a better place to go that night. But these people are getting booted at the last minute, sometimes when they're already playing (like the incidents in Vegas); it makes everyone look bad and it's damn unprofessional. I mean, seriously, the Black Eyed Peas couldn't have arranged an afterparty a couple days ahead of time??

But it doesn't matter; I wouldn't waste my time at Drai's to begin with; I'd rather take a drive down to the Little Cave
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    if you notice they trashed Cassain and called him a twitter liar (he said he was kicked off by Black Eyed Peas) trying to further his career (he will never be invited back to play there again) and praised the chick for stepping aside for Black Eyed Peas. then quote unquote "To those fans who were disappointed by Cassian's reduced set-time and Anna's rescheduling: We sincerely apologize and hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive us. To the editor of this page, perhaps you should check facts before trashing names and reputations"

Cassians reduced set-time = HE GOT KICKED OFF BY BLACK EYED PEAS ! Who the hell wants to fly from Australia to play a 30 minute set ?

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Cassians reduced set-time = HE GOT KICKED OFF BY BLACK EYED PEAS ! Who the hell wants to fly from Australia to play a 30 minute set ?

>
    My thoughts exactly. 30 minute set is like 6 songs....
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    But it doesn't matter; I wouldn't waste my time at Drai's to begin with; I'd rather take a drive down to the Little Cave
    this droid doesn't dj there anymore. but a big thumbs up for rolling thru in the past.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Heh, thanks for posting that. I agree, this is just CYA for their image because they want to continue working with Dim Mak (who probably had no say in this). I give them credit for at least recognizing the importance of underground reputation to their business; if it means they don't do this again in the future, something good has been accomplished.

And frankly, if it went down like they said it did, there would have been no problem - the BEP guys would have been the ones with the half hour set, and everyone would have gone home happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ JesC View Post
    this droid doesn't dj there anymore. but a big thumbs up for rolling thru in the past.
    heheh good times!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast